52-after Four Children, Flab-free, and Fabulous - Dallas, TX

After exercising consistently, 4-5 times a week,...

After exercising consistently, 4-5 times a week, for almost 2 years with some results,but not many in the mid-section, I realized exercise was not going to change that mid-section. Up until that time, a tummy tuck seemed daunting, based on the scars and recovery time. I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. However, I was so discouraged that intense exercise had not corrected my problem, that I decided to look into abdominoplasty surgeons. As I went through the process of interviewing surgeons, I learned that I had an umbilical hernia. When I had the surgery, my surgeon found another hernia (I had actually suspected it, but none of the surgeons had felt it during an exam). He fixed both. I consider the surgery to be a blessing in disguise because hernias don't fix themselves. They only get worse over time. 2 weeks post-op, I'm still feeling "scraped" inside (the only way I know to describe it), which is probably from the liposuction. I'm still taking it easy and following all of my surgeon's orders (major key to recovery!) As a result, I can already tell that my tummy is going to be flat. No more hanging, flabby, stretched-out skin! I really wish I had done this 10 years ago. Thanks to the Real Self community who has helped me learn the good, the bad, and the ugly of this procedure. You have made my journey through this procedure much easier in terms of knowing what to expect. If you are anywhere near the DFW area, I highly recommend Dr. Ramsey Choucair. He has explained everything in detail, answered all of my questions, including my husband's questions, did an amazing job fixing my tummy, and has the most calm, humble bedside manner of any doctor I have encountered. I'm very thankful for the skill and care i have received from him and his staff.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Choucair explained everything in detail, answered all of my questions, including my husband's questions, did an amazing job fixing my tummy, and has the most calm, humble bedside manner of any doctor I have encountered. I'm very thankful for the skill and care I have received from him and his staff.