Although I am a couple of months away from my...

Although I am a couple of months away from my scheduled tummy tuck, I thought I would begin posting so I could chronicle my own results. I am 48, 165, size 12. I had a hysterectomy last year and since then, am having a difficult time losing weight. Although, in all honestly, with as gross as I feel, I can't say I am super motivated. I will say it ouloud, I do not enjoy working out. I wish I did. But, I have decided to go to the gym the two months preceding my surgery to give myself every benefit I can. About 15 years ago, before Internet was a big thing, (I still don't think it will take off), I had lipo on my saddle bags, tummy and hips. I was left uneven, but as the years accumulated, and my body changed with age, I see other problems arising. Like pockets of fat in places that I didn't know could get fat. Like my mons. *sigh*. And loose skin on my hips. So I will have an extended tummy tuck with Dr. Bradley Hubbard in Dallas Tx. I will be traveling out of state and staying for about a week before flying home. I am beyond scared. I just want to wear clothes and have them fit. I am 5'8" and size 12. I would be okay with my size, if I weren't so oddly shaped. My clothes pull in odd directions. I have a long torso, and I have a difficult time finding clothes that will cover my grossness. So I've got that going for me.... I have had consults with about 10 plastic surgeons in state and out of state. Their answers range from a mini TT to a full TT to just lipo to them doing nothing. But, after reading hundreds of reviews on Realself, I found it odd that Jo one ever checked me for diastasis. After my hysterectomy, changes in my body seemed to be accelerated. And not in a good way. So I have been frantic for the last year looking for the right surgeon. I knew that these changes were just the beginning of what was about to come and it scares me. I couldn't find one that felt right. I went to one woman doctor who was very small in stature, who basically told me "I'm tiny, and I can't physically manipulate you in surgery because you are so big". Well so much for girl power. The one male Plastic surgeon that I liked said "......at your age, you won't be wearing a bikini anyways". I was insulted by both. So I kept looking. I have literally read hundreds and hundreds of your reviews and have learned sooooo much. I found Dr. Hubbard and liked his results, have spoken to a couple of his patients and his staff is very friendly and helpful. So it's set. Let the games begin!!!

Me today, a month out

Me today

Better lighting

For those interested...

I am posting a picture of the creme that I use that has literally changed my life. It has repairs the severe sun damage on the back of my hands and chest and neck. It has also taken the crepy-ness out of my skin. It has reduced the deep lines that I had between my boobs on my chest by 80%. I buy it at walgreens for $20.

A photo right after sx

These are the day of surgery, and the next two days

Getting sleep

I am not sure whose post I read this information on, but this was the most useful advice I have had, so I am going to pass this along.

I don't have a recliner, so I bought three over stuffed pillows and tied them in bundle. I also bought a foam, egg crate type wedge for my back. Then I bought a cheap queen sized egg crate mattress pad, doubled it over and laid it across the knee pillows and wedge. It's like a little bit of heaven. The foam keeps pressure from my incisions that go all the way around to my rear. They were all cheap, but I'm telling you, it is the absolute best.

A God send...

Hey DebbieBear,
The egg crate mattress pad and wedge that I used are from Walmart. And then like I said, I bought three over stuffed pillows and tied them together, then put the doubled egg crate over it all. I could seriously use this forever, it's sooooo comfy.

5 days PO

I thought I was going to pass out taking my garment off. Here are some pictures.

My nurse maids

I'm in good hands.....(paws)

Day 8 PO pics

Day 11 PO

Today PO day 12

PO day 16

Not the greatest photos, but me today

Day 24 PO

Day 32 PO

Day 37 PO

Back side incision.

7 weeks tomorrow

8 weeks + 2 days PO

The cream that helps crepy-ness.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Well I had this all typed out and it's gone. Dagummit. Anyway, I waited to write my review so that I could be fair and objective. When I met Dr. Hubbard, I was scattered and he was able to reign me in an make sense of what I wanted. He is a no nonsense, but kind man. We discussed a few things and he told me why things needed to be done. We came up with a plan that we were both happy with. I didn't realize how happy I would be ultimately. He exceeded my expectations. My incision is low, clean and tidy. I have had zero issues with anything. He did have me everything he said he would plus more benefit. I am very pleased and feel like all my research for two years led me to him, and I was not wrong. I truly believe he is a master of his craft. He has an eye for it and is an artist. His staff is warm, friendly, inviting and helpful. A huge thank you to Kate for always being there for me. Thank you to Leslie for providing me with good information and being supportive. Thank you to Julie for putting up with may frantic-ness. And a huge thank you and all my gratitude to Dr. Hubbard.