Rhinoplasty (Non Surgical W/ Injectable Filler) - Dallas, TX

I have always hated my nose, especially from the...

I have always hated my nose, especially from the profile. I have strongly considered rhinoplasty surgery but it is not an option for me right now. I have previously heard of the non-surgical option and decided to look into it. The non surgical option is basically used to camouflage imperfections of the nose by adding an injectable filler. My doctor chose to use restylane due to the fact that it can be reversed by injecting a substance that dissolves the filler incase you don't like the results. Dr. Standefer extended the bridge of my nose by injecting filler in the top portion of my nose to disguise my "hump". After viewing my nose for the first time I was kind of shocked because I had never had a tall bridge on the upper portion of my nose so it look very strange to me! The night of and the day after I had some bruising and a lot of swelling. The top of my nose was so swollen that I looked like an avatar character. I knew I would have swelling but it's hard to look at yourself like that. I just kept thinking what have I done.. It was somewhat sore and painful but I am now on day 3 and the swelling and pain has gone down a lot. I still have some swelling in the top portion of my nose since that is where the needle was inserted and caused additional inflammation. I was told it can take up to 2 weeks for all the swelling to go down so I am hoping that it will look a little more natural once all of the swelling goes away. I still have a small amount of filler left that the doctor saved so I can go back in 2 weeks for my checkup and have adjustments made if needed. I wanted to post this review to show people other options other than traditional rhinoplasty. I will try to update again in 2-3 weeks.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Everyone was very nice. The ladies at the front desk were lovely. I had to wait about 30 minutes after my appointment time to see the doctor because he was still conducting surgery. The lady from the front desk was very accommodating while I waited and came to check on me several times and gave me updates when Dr Standefer was out of surgery. Dr Standefer took time to explain my options and showed me simulated pictures of what my nose could look like with both non surgical and surgical options. He seemed very carrying and I didn't feel rushed at all even though he was running behind schedule.