MiraDry Works - Better Than Advertised - Dallas, TX

I have suffered from excessive armpit sweating for...

I have suffered from excessive armpit sweating for years. Found miraDry, and it sounded promising. I did the research, and placed a call into their office. Dr. Maris personally returned the call a couple of hours later, and walked me through the whole thing. I decided to go for it.

Had the first of two sessions done in mid January 2012. Yes, there is quite a bit of shots into each armpit. Then, I had both pits done at power level 3. Following the procedure, I blew off icing as recommended, and instead, went a played basketball for an hour and a half. Bad move. Don't do this. Really, follow aftercare advice. I was rewarded with two grapefruit sized bruises the next day, that took about a week to start to go down. And, like others, some loss of sensation in the armpits and back of arms.

But.... no sweating. I mean weird, what the heck is going on, no sweating in the armpits weird. You will find yourself checking your pits every couple of hours, going how is this possible. It's warm, I should be sweating. It's a meeting, I should be sweating. It's Tuesday, I should be sweating. But your not. Picking out a shirt is just odd. It's just a strange, odd sensation to not have to worry about pitting the shirt halfway down.

After time.. maybe 6 weeks or so, the pits heal and everything returns to normal, except, very little sweating. My left pit, basically zero. My right pit, at times, maybe a quarter-sized pit stain. And that was not every day, and not when indoors. And this is after the 1st treatment.

Today, I had the 2nd treatment done, and again, at power level 3. Knowing what to expect made it go easier, and I'm actually following after-care advice, icing down etc.

No, the procedure is not a walk in the park - but, it flat out works. I mean, better than advertised, no more sweating in your armpits, can't believe it's really true but it is, works.

1st procedure done in January 2013, not 2012.

1st procedure done in January 2013, not 2012.
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Found procedure, and Dr. Maris, via Google search for excessive armpit sweat solutions. 5 Stars all around and well deserved. His staff is wonderful. The procedure itself is not exactly fun, but clinicians are professional, cheerful, personable, and really made a difference in the overall experience. Add on the fact the procedure actually works. It's a complete solution. The staff is awesome. A special shout-out to Trudi. Sincerely, thank you.