Last of 3 Microneedlings with PRP , then Subcision on 9/1/16

I have had a long battle with acne scars since I...

I have had a long battle with acne scars since I was 17. I am 55 now. Still trying to get my skin as best as possible as the cystic acne scarring was really deep and all over my cheeks. My left cheek is not too bad, due to the fact that the procedures which I have had in the past, concentrated on my left cheek more as it was actually deeper in scarring there. Now, my right cheek looks worse.

I have had dermabrasions x2, Fraxels x 6, chemical peels x 6, CO2 lasers x 3. In between these, I have had Juvederm fillers but they do not last but 6-9 months. I think for the younger skin, more healing can be expected. My doc told me that I am aging now and so the scars look worse as I have loss of volume. But I am still trying to get to a stage where it looks better than now.

Just finished with a series of three microneedlings using Eclipse at 2.0 mm depth for cheeks. I am going for a subcision procedure soon. My doc and I feel that the scars are tethered down and not only loss of collagen. So, he has to release the scars. I am not a fan of lasers any longer as they have caused hyper and hypopigmentation on my skin. But my concern are more the indentations. I will post pictures once subcision is done. Hard to find a doctor who does this. Lasers receive more marketing than subcisions.

As I am "done" with lasers, I will continue microneedling with the Derminator. If anyone has success with in-home microneedling with this tool, please respond to this post. Thanks.

Microneedling with PRP--had series of 3 done

Check out my latest photo from this morning 8/29/16. It is definitely improving. Not perfection but indentations filled up slightly. The brownish spots are the hyperpigmentation and some hypo. On Thursday, I am going for a subcision to release the tethered scars and hoping for more improvement. I feel that once the scars are released, then there will be a greater improvement when other procedures are done, be it more microneedling, lasers, whatever. I am not going back to lasers. This is just my opinion. Laser may work for you but not for me. There will be a lot of bruising for about 4-7 days. I will take some arnica montana pills today. I will post the pictures here as wel..

This is 12 days after subcision on 9/1/16

This is 12 days after subcision on 9/1/16

Here is the latest picture taken just this morning, after subcision was done on 9/1/2016. The bruising lasted at least 7 days and gone by the 10th, but there is still a very light yellowish patch where the doc subcised aggressively. I put up full coverage mineral powder make up by IT cosmetics. I have hyper and hypopigmentation that shows with the "patchiness" on the photos. I am Asian, so this cannot be prevented and I have had a lot of procedures done in the past. I am happy with the results. If you have downtime, I like subcision but heard that not a lot of docs perform them. They prefer to offer you laser treatments. I will update in a few weeks, post 4-6 weeks after the subcision.