Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Dallas, TX

I had my Rhinoplasty done June 2015 by Dr. Rohrich...

I had my Rhinoplasty done June 2015 by Dr. Rohrich and I could not be any happier about my decision to finally take that leap! I’ve wanted this procedure done since I was in high school but I’ve always been afraid of the possible risks and horror stories associated with “Ethnic” rhinoplasty (i.e. Lil’ Kim and the Jackson family) but in fall of 2014 the idea crept back in my mind again and I began researching and going on consultations just to see what was out there. I ultimately decided on Dr. Rohrich because I liked his reputation, his reviews, and he made me feel comfortable during the consultation. He didn’t have any pics of African Americans rhinoplasty patients posted on his website but his work on Caucasian noses with issues similar to mine were beautiful and left me confident in his work. I also researched a few doctors in the DFW area that claimed to specialize in “Ethnic Rhinoplasty” but I wasn’t impressed. Dr. Rohrich was a little on the pricier side but I don’t believe in skimping/Bargain hunting when it comes to cosmetic procedures, so it was well worth it to me!
I wanted a more streamlined nose but I did NOT want to lose my ethnic identity and Dr. Rohrich understood my concerns. The original computer generated images of my nose were a little too thin and completely erased my family nose shape. My sister and mother had the same nose only mine was more exaggerated but now I think that I fit right in with the rest of them :)
The swelling was insane the first few months but gradually reduced. I was always worse in the morning and after I went to the gym. I also saw a lot of lopsided swelling that kinda freaked me out but it eventually subsided. I’m a little pass 1 year now and I still see some morning and after the gym swelling but I’m sure that’s something that only I notice. I’m still in the healing process and I the scars on the sides of my nose are still in the process of smoothing out but I’m in love with the results. It’s still healing but It looks better and better every month!
My only regret is not fixing my deviated septum. It was never a huge issue for me but while I was under the knife I wish I would have just taken care of it. It was only an extra 2k but they didn’t take insurance although that portion would have been covered had I gone to another surgeon for the procedure.
In summary, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Rohrich! I know the search for a rhinoplasty surgeon can be especially difficult for African Americans but I would recommend that you take your time, do lots of research, and listen to your gut. This is a BIG decision!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I would Highly Recommend anyone considering "Ethnic Rhinoplasty" in the DFW area to have a consultation with Dr. Rohrich. I don't think plastic surgery is "one size fits all" but i had an amazing experience and would advise that you put him on your list of doctors to visit.