Spironolactone Solved My Adult Acne Problem - Dallas, TX

I had literally given up and decided that I would...

I had literally given up and decided that I would go ahead and do Accutane (although I didn't want to) because no doctor or products (I tried them ALL) had helped the adult acne I was experiencing for more than 10 years. The worst part was that I had it on my chest, back and shoulders as well. I spent so many Texas summers wishing I could wear a bathing suit, sundress or tank top without embarrassment. I went to Dr. Malouf ready to take the plunge to Accutane, but when he looked at my problem and asked me a few questions, he suggested another option first. A different medication nobody had ever offered me before. Who would have thought that with zero side effects and a $10 prescription I could have a total solution? Within 2 weeks I saw a difference, and within 6 weeks I was going out without makeup. It has completely changed the way I dress, enjoy the outdoors, and experience summer. I couldn't be happier!!! Dr. Malouf is a great doctor and a kind man as well. Thanks for giving me my skin back!

More Before Photos

My skin is so perfect and acne-free now. I'll try to take pics of similar detail as afters, but suffice to say that for a year now, the only time I've had any acne is when I do dumb things like leaving makeup on overnight or forgetting to refill my prescription. So very happy :)

It's real! Sorry I'm not the best real-selfer

Wow! I just saw that some people are saying my review isn't real because I didn't post a response for months. The truth is... I forgot. I'm sorry. But please don't take it out on Dr. Malouf. I just only recently thought about it because I went back to see him when my prescription ran out. I'll post an after photo to ratify the nay-sayers.
The medication Dr. Malouf prescribed is Spironolactone. I take 50mg a day. 20 months later and I'm still almost completely acne free!! I do sometimes get a small "normal" pimple around my period, but rarely and none of the deep, painful cystic ones seen in my before photos. Now I go out without makeup regularly and best of all I can wear whatever I want because I'm not trying to cover up huge unsightly pimples all over my shoulders, chest and back. Couldn't be happier!!

After pic w/o makeup

Dallas Dermatologist

Dr. Malouf is attentive, helpful, and best of all, interested in finding the lease invasive / expensive treatment that fits your needs. I've been very happy with every experience I've had in his office from adult acne treatment to botox. I wouldn't go to anyone else.