I am posting for a couple of reasons. I am 57-not sure age had anything to do-but here are my recomendations:
1. I agree, plan on either laying and sleeping on your back for 4 weeks-get a eggcrate mattress and lots of good pillows. For the first 4 days I could not get out of bed by myself-so make sure you have someone to help you. My husband deserves a medal!
2. I am a post gastric bypass patient (7 years post surgery) and I wanted to get rid of excess skin-but I had had 4 other surgeries and I ended up with 5 inches of my incission that did not have adequate blood flow so it did not heal and I had to have wound debridement. Talking about pain! The pain pills made me very sick so make sure you can tollrate them-I had to change to liquid meds for pain. So I now have an open hole almost 5 inches long and and inch deep-so ask your doctor if you are at that risk due to previous surgeries.
3. I have the best doctor in the world but this wound issue is a complication that was unexpected.
4. I bought big old lady panties and glad I did to hold the pads in place and I agree the pants with no zipers is a must for the first 3-4 weeks.
5. What you do not read about lipo is: the holes drain for about a week-SO protect your carpet-put down towels cause when you get up you drain blood and fluids. Be prepared-I wish I had known cause I would have bought some cheap pillows cause I ruined all my good pillows that I was using to prop my legs up when laying in bed cause the drainage got on them. Proping your legs up wiht about 3 pillows was the only way I could sorta sleep-I am not a back sleeper.
I am sure that after a few more weeks I will be glad I did this but daily wound care that I am doing now has me on the fence. The results are awesome though!