fraxel laser co2 treatment for pigmentation after years of sun aged 45

I have decided to try laser for pigments on my...

I have decided to try laser for pigments on my whole face. I have lived my life in the sun and not protecting my skin and now have many dark pigments on my skin , which looks ageing. Im thinking I need to get on top of it now before I get more & gets darker . The Dr has suggested that I would need 6 treatments s month apart. I have bought s package of 3. I'm a bit nervous after seeing other reviews and watching in utube but the dr assures me he won't do a really high setting. I'll let you know the results. The laser is nd yag laser.

Fraxel laser for pigments redness after 1 hour

I had a fraxel co2 on my skin. The setting was on 2 ( out of 4 with 4 being the highest) it started at 3 but It was too strong. I won't lie it hurts. They stared with numbing cream for 45 minutes then the actual laser took 15 minutes. It feels like your skin is being burnt and smells like it. An hour later and it feels like the worst sunburn you could ever get. It's hot and really red as you can clearly see in photo. The Dr said not to wet it for 4 hours and gave me a cream to soothe it. It needs to be put on 2-3 times a day. I hope this is worth it!!! I'll the dr says that the redness should be gone by tomorrow and the peeling starts on 3rd day ...heeled in 5 ...... Let's see

5 days post

I feel a bit disappointed with the results so far. My skin just feels dry and damaged and no improvements in pigments. I haven't had any peeling at all either. Maybe as it was on a low setting it will take a while to see results and the skin will flake off slowly and gradually. If it looks like this in a month I won't be doing any more.

2 weeks later still I sure

I didn't peel but I had some scuffing sort of feel. My skin finally feels healthy again after feeling so dry and rough for 2 weeks. Overall I think it lightened the pigments by25 percent and lightened my skin tone overall slightly . I am not sure if it was worth it overall but it is supposed to improve overtime so I'll post agin in a month to see if it's improved again.
Azizah Sulaiman