31, Auto Augmentation, Breast Lift Without Implants. - Cumming, GA

I have been considering having a lift for the last...

I have been considering having a lift for the last 8 years, had several consultations over the last few years without finding a surgeon that I was comfortable with. each one I interviewed couldn't give me the results I was looking for. The first doctor wanted to give me a lift and then add implants 6 months later. The second surgeon said he would have to cut into my tattoo on my side and would need to have some pretty long anchor incisions. and would be left with a B cup or so because they toss the excess tissue.

I wanted the nice perky look of implants but I could not see why I would I would need implants when I already had such a large chest. I started doing some research last April and found a surgeon here in the Atlanta area Dr. Hunter Moyer. He uses a technique called auto augmentation. I have not found many other women that have had this procedure to see the results. so I wanted to share my experience.

Since I was young 15 or 16 I have been a D-DD 120lbs 5'7. Then after having my daughter in 2006 and breast feeding they became larger and a very saggy DDD. I have maintained between 135-145lbs since then. recently I have had increased back and shoulder pain from and accident in 2003 resulting in 2 broken collar bones. The weight really started to ruin my posture, exercising was painful and I am very active so I knew it was finally time to have this done.

Dr. Moyer was very kind, his staff is wonderful as well. I am not the biggest fan of surgery. But he knew exactly what I wanted and put me at ease immediately. I knew that I would have scars but the benefit out weighed the scars, he also promised not to cut into my pretty tattoo either. After the lift I would be a full C to small D cup, perfect.

Yesterday was the big day. The hospital staff was friendly, gave me warm blankets and stayed with me. Even though I was anxious and a little scared they made me feel better, I knew I was in good hands. I was brought into the OR and.. out..

I woke up in recovery very quickly, and surprisingly was not in very much pain, my left side was a little sore. I did not feel nauseous or as loopy as I thought I would be. Dr Moyer said he was very pleased with the results. I was allowed to go home about an hour after waking up. immediately I could feel the pressure and weight taken off of my back and shoulders what a great feeling.

Last night was not so great I am a stomach sleeper and sleeping on my back upright was not very comfortable. I have been pretty immobile today as the pain is greater than it was last night so I have been taking my pain pills all day. I had a lovely surprise this afternoon, beautiful flowers were delivered to my door, with a note for a speedy recovery from Dr. Moyer and his staff.

I have walked around the house some, and taken a few naps. hopefully tomorrow will be better. I will update this post through my recovery.

Cheers!

post op day 3

Yesterday was rough, I was home alone. I slept really well the night before, only woke up once to take a pain pill. I took my first shower with help that was very nice. I felt great until around 9 am I started getting a migraine and slept until about 2pm. I had a meeting for work on FaceTime. I was not thrilled about that. I did not go back to sleep the rest of the day and the migraine has not gone away yet. I have my first pre op on Tuesday. hopefully they will remove or change the bandages I have on.

day 3

2/3/15 5 days post

Yesterday was the worst day so far. I had a really bad day. I wanted to finally get out of the house take my daughter to swim practice and move around...
I took a shower, and water got into the dressing, it was really gross. I called the after-hours line and Dr. Moyer called me back immediately, he reassured me that it was going to be ok and to come in first thing in the morning to change the dressings. I also let him know that the pain pills were causing me stomach issues. So I decided not to go anywhere, my stomach was in knots, I was emotional, in pain and just miserable. by mid afternoon and a 6 pack of prune juice my I started to feel better. but within an hour or so I developed a 100.2 degree fever, again on a Sunday, During the Super Bowl I was on the phone again with my doctor. He told me that its normal to have a low fever after a lift and that he was not very concerned about an infection because I did not have implants. I was seen this morning the bandages replaced ( I took a quick picture ) before the bandages were put back on. its blurry but they look great, still swollen it take a while to settle. I cant wait for it to be healed

Its been 6 days.

Today, I feel fantastic! I am off pain pills. I went to my first post op today. Gauze is off. I am still a little tingley and sore, but thats ok. Life Is great and they look amazing. I took few more pictures I am so impressed, to have these results without implants is amazing!

Soreness and Swelling.

So I over did it this last week. I only took off a few days to have this done as I mainly work from home. I put in for 2 days PTO (day of surgery and one day after. Knowing that I could attend my meeting over a conference call two days post op. Everything was going ok I would work on the couch with my arms resting on a pillow, and I could save my vacation days!
I was asked to spend a day at a local conference Thursday ( one week post op) with one of my reps. I was actually a little excited to get out of the house and be social. I agreed to go. The day went well, I did my best not to lift anything ( my purse and a conference goodie bag). But I was on my feet for about 8 hours. As I was heading home I could feel the soreness under my arms at the anchor incisions and the swelling felt like I had half a tennis ball under each arm. I have been taking it easy since Friday, but I still feel sore and swollen. Has anyone else experienced underarm swelling and soreness? I hope I did not mess anything up.

1 month post op

Went to my PS today for my one month post op! I no longer need to wear the tape, Yay! It was getting itchy. He recommended a scar treatment gel for me to use to help with healing, cleared me to slowly start jogging, light lifting and swimming. I cannot wait to get back to the gym I am starting to feel fluffy. Not sleeping the greatest at night I have a hard time getting comfortable and the tingling is annoying. I had a suture spit through an incision line but other than that healing has been kind and I am very happy with my results.

8 months

8 month update. Sorry healing has been kind after the first few weeks everything went back to normal. Wish I had done this years ago!
Cheers!