Dermabrasion - India

Hello everyone, I am reviewing this procedure...

Hello everyone,
I am reviewing this procedure since i feel there are not much reviews about this procedure online.
I had a problem of acne scars, uneven skin texture, freckles etc for almost like 10 yrs now. It had a huge impact on my social life as well as on my psychology due to which i decided to go for this procedure.
& i planned to get the procedure done once i'd get some days off from my work.
And finally i went in for the procedure on 6th December 2015.
It is much of an outpatient procedure. I reached his clinic at around 1 pm. I was taken into the O.T where my face was scrubbed and local anaesthesia in the form of an infra orbital nerve blocks on both sides of the face and on the nose region was given. It had an immediate numbing effect over the nose,cheek and upper lip area. The procedure was started at around 2 PM & took around 45 minutes.
The procedure was very tolerable since the area where it was to be performed had been numbed. After the procedure, my face was bandaged and i was kept in the OPD for 2-3 hours for the observation after which i was allowed to leave for home and was asked to be back after 4 days for the review & the dressing,if required.
Since it is an invasive procedure, i was prescribed the following medicines:
Augmentin 1gm(antibiotic) for 4 days
Lyser D( pain killer & will also help with swelling) for 4 days
Vit C tablets( helps in healing) for 4 days
Enzoheal( it also helps in healing) for 4 days.

Now today( 11/dec/2015) i was called for a review of the condition where the doctor opened the bandage and said the healing has been good till now.

I'm attaching the 3 photographs(2 of the left side of the face & 1 of the nose area). I have not attached the pic of the right side of the face since the wound there is a little raw and i was asked to keep it covered for another 24 hours(the doctor did the dressing over that small area in the OPD itself,today!)
I've also been prescribed Vit C tablets that are to be taken thrice daily for 7 days plus cleansing the face daily with any good but gentle facewash & vit C serum,of which 3-4 drops are to be applied every night before sleeping.
Thank you very much.

I'll keep u guys updated. :)

2 weeks out

2dy is the 14th day. Redness is somewhat better. The swelling is down now. I'm not applying anything on my face yet. I have been taking vitamin c tablets though (1 tab TDS). I had ordered vit C serum online, and there has been some delay in the delivery. Once I'll receive it, i'll start up with that as prescribed by my Plastic surgeon. I have been using trimmer so far to cut facial hair.
Will upload the pics soon. :)
Thank you.

8 weeks out.!

I'm sorry, i haven't been able to come online for a long time.
This is my third update since the time i had had this procedure.
The redness is almost gone, though i flush quite easily wen exposed to sunlight or when i am having spicy food or during the work out.
I applied vitamin C serum for a few days, but that led to an allergic reaction( mild to moderate) which made my skin itchy & red. So i stopped using that for the time being. Instead i have been using Retino A(0.1%), i'm finding this OK.
I'm also using himalaya's Clarina facewash which i found quite good (Recommended by my doctor).

Talking about the procedure, i will say that it has been very helpful for me to regain my self confidence. I see people talking here about fraxel restore, fractional CO2 lasers etc. which indeed require multiple sittings & still the results are not guaranted, & what the multiple settings/sittings of the various lasers are not going to do, the dermabrasion does that in a single sitting, if done by trained hands.

I feel, that even though the first 6 days were not easy since my whole face was bandaged and i felt uncomfortable during that time, i will still recommend this procedure. But please make sure that it is done by a board certified doctor.
(Disclaimer : I am not promoting or demoting any procedure here, it is entirely upto you guys to decide, i just expressed my own views on this.)

In my case, the doctor(Dr. Vickramjeet singh Dhingra) is M.Ch in plastic surgery. He presently works in Cosmo Hospital here in Chandigarh/Mohali,India.
Thank you. :)
Dr. Vickramjeet Singh Dhingra

I got to know him a long back since he has been the head of the plastic surgery department in my medical school. He now practices in cosmo hospital, Mohali. He is a doctor of national & international fame. He understood me well when i approached him saying that these scars are having a huge impact on my social life. Listened very patiently to me while i explained him the areas over which i would like to have the procedure done. This is what prompted me to have this procedure done from him at the very first place.