39 Years Old with Three Little Children - Melbourne, AU

This site has been such an amazing source of...

This site has been such an amazing source of information I thought I would add my story too. I have three little kids, the youngest is 8 months and weighed almost 11 pounds at birth. My tummy still looks like I am 6 months pregnant and it is time to make some changes for me.

I have lost all of my baby weight but still would like to lose another 5 kg (11 pounds) before hand.

I am very excited but also anxious about managing to look after my kids and lift my baby when my husband returns to work.

Getting excited

I am still a couple of weeks away from D day but I am very very excited and can't stop looking at tummy tuck reviews and pictures. I am starting to think about getting things organised at home and I and going to hire a reclining chair to assist with sleeping.

I can't stop pushing and pulling my stomach to try and get a feel for what it might looks like.

The only thing I am nervous about is the aesthetics of the scar and my belly button. I am nervous about being disappointed so I am trying to lower my expectations. At this stage I'm not concerned about the actual surgery as I am confident I am in good hands.

Can't sit still

I feel like I should be getting things organised but really can't think of anything too pressing that needs doing. My husband is off to Fiji tomorrow for 'work' and wont be home until the day before surgery. It is just me and the kids so no doubt the next few days will fly by. It can't come soon enough.

surgery bucket list

So I am actually having a tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo above my belly button and lipo on my hips. I am also having a little bit of lipo on my neck as I feel like I am rapidly losing definition in that area. I have managed to lose a bit more weight but not quite as much as I hoped.

D day!

Currently sitting in surgery gear waiting, waiting, waiting. See you all on the feet side.

The morning after the day before

So is about 15 hours after my surgery. I am in hospital for a few days but I must say I take my hat off to the ladies who go home the same day. That would be tough. I have spent the night drifting in and out of sleep, up twice to pee. The pain isn't too bad, mostly uncomfortable. I think I will feel a little better when I can change out of this surgical gown and paper undies. Have a great day everyone.

Feeling pretty good

So it is a few days post op. I spent three nights in hospital being very well looked after. I had two drains in that were removed yesterday. I also came home yesterday. I am feeling better each day and woke up this morning feeling motivated and positive about the rest of my life. I am still taped up but all my dressings are completely waterproof so I can shower without being careful. This morning I pulled out all those clothes that I have held onto for ever but don't wear because they exposed my enormous tummy. Everything looks amazing. Some items actually look a size too big because I always had to accommodated my tummy. Looking forward the swelling to go down and the dressing to be removed. I am still bent over and the back pain is pretty awful but I certainly don't feel like I want to complain about it. My five year old hit me on the stomach the is morning. He was just messing around and wasn't aware that I had had surgery. He was very upset to learn that he had hurt me.

week one done and dusted

I am very pleased to have now reached the end of my first week. I have felt pretty good but frustrated at not being able to do normal things. Who knows why I am so keen to sweep the floor but I guess it is difficult to tolerate my husband's idea of 'clean'. I went to see my surgeon this morning and had my dressings removed. Although there is quite a bit of swelling I am really pleased with the results. Anything would have been better than what I was dealing with before. I was able to wear a tight fitting t- shirt which filled me with confidence. I tried sleeping in my bed last night but woke up after about half an hour and went back to my recliner.

Generally I feel really good although I certainly know if I overdo it. I walked too far yesterday and had to have a rest in the afternoon.
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Malcolm has been fabulous and I have felt like I was in the best of hands throughout this entire experience.