21, Burn Victim Amazing Scar Management. South Africa, ZA

I was serverely burned in a fire accident in 2012...

I was serverely burned in a fire accident in 2012 (18 yrs). I sustained 14% burns that were 2nd and 3rd degree and had to have 5 skin grafts.

Once my burns had fully healed (after using pressure garments, massage and lots of sunscreen) I began scar management with laser surgery to improve my scars aesthetically.

I received 5 pulse dye lasers to reduce redness and have had, so far, around 4-5 procedures of the fraxel laser to improve scar and skin graft texture. The fraxel laser has done an AMAZING job by making my scars softer, more supple and far less noticable. I strongly recommend it to any burn victims.

My fraxel was set at quite a high setting and the procedure doea burn/sting - but I have a high pain threshold and am able to manage a full session all over my legs without any pain killers or anaesthesia. I usually have 30mins of numbing cream prior and special cooling machines and ice pads during and post procedure.

Pain is usually greater post procedure whereby the areas are inflamed. Inflammation usually lasts 2 days and then the areas begin to scab.

In a week I will be having my last fraxel and go under conscious sedation, as, as my legs improve, the more painful the procedure is and I have a very large surface area done in one go.

Fabulous doctor and amazing results!!
South Africa Dermatologist

Amazing bed side manner, friendly, informative, sensitive and caring