First Set of BOTOX Injections for Chronic Migraine - Corpus Christi, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

My insurance quickly approved the BOTOX injections...

My insurance quickly approved the BOTOX injections requested by neurologist. The only cost to me was the specialist appointment co-pay of 50.00. I have had every procedure recommended including radiofrequency nerve ablation(nerve grew back)-other than neck surgery. I have had migraine headaches for 20+ years and they have become more frequent and more intense. Prior to my appointment Monday, I was having nerve blocks which stopped working . On Monday my doctor injected my forehead, temple area base of skull, back of head and neck including that damn occipital nerve area-although I only get migraines (with aura) on the left side of my head -he injected both side. I had NO headache or any pain from nerve irritation/inflammation since the procedure. It was such a relief -I felt it was miraculous. Of course, those of you who suffer know, there is always that fear, the apprehension of is this going to "hold". I have been afraid to move-just rested, read, watched movies, avoided stress, took time from work. I called the doctor this morning to leave a message of how wonderful this worked for me. I took a nap this afternoon and woke up to a Nightmare Headache-I thought I was dreaming -but no it is BACK-the neck and head pain on the left side-that feeling of raw nerve inflammation. I am so, so discouraged, however I am hopeful it will take some time and "settle in". The only medication I took was Prednisone-would have taken Advil but my bottle is empty. I have been using my massager and am goin to get out the ice. I have had MUCH WORSE-where I would not even be able to write this. After being completely PAIN FREE for 4 DAYS-I want that back. I will update. Thank You!
Dr. Mendezibal

He is really good with me. I have a lot of respect for him and trust him with my treatment. His staff have worked with me to get me appointments when needed. Only recent complaint I have is the person/ receptionist who answers the phone appears overwhelmed. She will immediately put me on hold and a few times forgot about me "waiting". She does not listen before transferring me to a line where I just had no response.