First Set of BOTOX Injections for Chronic Migraine - Corpus Christi, TX

My insurance quickly approved the BOTOX injections...

My insurance quickly approved the BOTOX injections requested by neurologist. The only cost to me was the specialist appointment co-pay of 50.00. I have had every procedure recommended including radiofrequency nerve ablation(nerve grew back)-other than neck surgery. I have had migraine headaches for 20+ years and they have become more frequent and more intense. Prior to my appointment Monday, I was having nerve blocks which stopped working . On Monday my doctor injected my forehead, temple area base of skull, back of head and neck including that damn occipital nerve area-although I only get migraines (with aura) on the left side of my head -he injected both side. I had NO headache or any pain from nerve irritation/inflammation since the procedure. It was such a relief -I felt it was miraculous. Of course, those of you who suffer know, there is always that fear, the apprehension of is this going to "hold". I have been afraid to move-just rested, read, watched movies, avoided stress, took time from work. I called the doctor this morning to leave a message of how wonderful this worked for me. I took a nap this afternoon and woke up to a Nightmare Headache-I thought I was dreaming -but no it is BACK-the neck and head pain on the left side-that feeling of raw nerve inflammation. I am so, so discouraged, however I am hopeful it will take some time and "settle in". The only medication I took was Prednisone-would have taken Advil but my bottle is empty. I have been using my massager and am goin to get out the ice. I have had MUCH WORSE-where I would not even be able to write this. After being completely PAIN FREE for 4 DAYS-I want that back. I will update. Thank You!
Dr. Mendezibal

He is really good with me. I have a lot of respect for him and trust him with my treatment. His staff have worked with me to get me appointments when needed. Only recent complaint I have is the person/ receptionist who answers the phone appears overwhelmed. She will immediately put me on hold and a few times forgot about me "waiting". She does not listen before transferring me to a line where I just had no response.