Septoplasty - Mr Michael Harney ENT - Ireland

I'll begin by highly recommending Mr Michael...

I'll begin by highly recommending Mr Michael Harney for his service. Before I talk about Mr Harney I need to mention how bad an experience I had with another consultant in Waterford. I had a consultation with Mr Munish Shandilya in Waterford roughly April 2015 and he proved to be nothing more than a con. It was an absolute waste of my time and €150 for a consultation. Not once during my consultation did I feel I could trust Mr Shandilya, let alone trust him to go under the knife. Getting a straight answer out of him was like drawing blood from a stone. When I asked him how much the procedure was going to cost me, he continuously hummed and hawed before throwing out a ball park figure just to see how I felt about it. The man felt free to move the goal posts on a couple of occasions. He was interested in one thing and one thing only, bleeding me dry. He then advised that every patient he performs this procedure on has to get a psychiatric evaluation done (I presume so as to confirm they don't turn into a Michael Jackson) but what really made me laugh was when he advised the evaluation could only be performed by a physiatrist he had recommended whom is based in Dublin for a fee of €200. None of this made any sense to me seeing as I've never had surgery before and I just want to fix my septum, straighten my nose and reduce the bump. But this guy was a complete con. I would never recommend Mr Shandilya to anybody. Such a disappointment. Unfortunately there are people out there who are vulnerable to fall for these kinds of antics but I would never tolerate this.

By chance somebody contacted me regarding my experience with Mr Shandilya and mentioned Mr Harney's name to me. She had Rhinoplasty and advised that Mr Harney did a great job on her nose and couldn't express her satisfaction with the end result and his professionalism. I contacted Mr Harney's receptionist and booked a consultation. The consultation went brilliantly. Mr Harney listened to what I had to say and showed a glowing interest in the position my nose was in and what I was looking to achieve. He didn't beat around the bush. I valued his honesty, opinion and knew this was the guy to the job. He isn't the type of character to tell you what you want to hear. He's very realistic about your goals and provides you with honest facts. You can clearly see he takes pride in his work and at the time it felt like this procedure was more important to him getting it right then it was to me. Before I could even give him the green light he told me to go home and mull over it for a week before getting back to him.

After a week of mulling I called back to his office and booked the procedure with him. All I can say is that the procedure in the Bons Secours Cork went fantastic. I had the procedure late afternoon and went home the next morning. A few days after the procedure I went back and he took the small cast off my nose. I genuinely thought it looked fine but he took such pride in his work that he thought we could straighten and shape it a little better. So I went in again the next day and was out again the next morning. There was very obvious swelling for about 2 weeks but after that it was less noticeable and it reduces completely after about 2/3 months. It’s been 9 months since I had the procedure and I am so happy with the results. There was no issues with pain either. He prescribed pain killers which seemed to do the job because I didn’t feel any discomfort. The breathing has never been better. After so many years of not being able to breathe through my right nostril it feels amazing. Overall I have to give Mr Harney 10/10! He really is a class act and true professional.

If you're interested in getting Septoplasty or Rhinoplasty I recommend you at least visit Mr Harney for the consultation. I didn't feel at any stage he was trying to sell me something. He will give you honest and real advice specific to the individual.

9 months later and I'm still over the moon with my results. My hat is off to Mr Harney for everything.
Mr Michael Harney