Botched Procedure with Suspect Fake Restylane - Coral Gables, FL

Beware of Groupons and PA's injecting unknown...

Aaron Dubitzky & Don Pham DO
0:22
Beware of Groupons and PA's injecting unknown substances. Went to Aaron Dubitzky of Cosmetic Medicine of Coral Gables (supervising physician, Don Pham OD, of Facial Expressions, Hollywood, FL). I ended up in the E.R. on an IV. Multiple office visits after, including plastic surgery MD still have not resolved this side effects of this injection.

Thanks for your magic well wishes...and the Emergency Room Doc!

Hello all, I just want to update everyone to let you know that I'm fine now. The horrible, grotesque swelling of my face is gone, and I'm back to normal several months later. I do want to say that the practitioner is still happily poking away at people's faces (and God knows where else) with whatever he decides to use as an injectable. It turns out that he probably did not use Restalyn or anything else, because showed me the vial, saying it was Restalyn. Later I found out Restalyn only comes in prepared syringes. Later, when asked for medical records (he keeps none), he produced hand scribbled notes after the fact, and claimed he used Juvederm. I have no clue what was actually injected into my face.

Warning signs:
* Purchasing a deal through Groupon, Living Social, etc.
* 1 or 2 person office, in small quarters, or at someone's home, or in a facility with nail and hair services (as opposed to a dermatology office with an MD on board)
* Someone who says they can offer you an even better deal if you pay cash
* Places that don't ask you some questions to see if you are a good candidate.

(add your own...we need to keep each other safe!)
Now that I have some distance, I will be reporting him to the Florida Board of Medicine. For anyone else that needs to report a pseudo-doctor practicing medicine without supervision or anything else, here's the link in Fla. (each state has their own) http://flboardofmedicine.gov/complaints-process-faqs/

BTW, all, I'm coming to terms with inevitable aging and learning a little about contouring with makeup when I want to detract from certain areas. This was a good lesson in self-acceptance. Look at all the horror stories in the tabloids and realize your face is beautiful with a little sag on the jaw, a wrinkle (or two or 3 or 4) here or there.
Aaron Dubitzky

Supervising physician Don Pham DO was "going on vacation"...not available for resolution.