Should've Done It Sooner - Commerce, GA

I'm 44 years old and have lived with heavy...

I'm 44 years old and have lived with heavy menstrual cycles for several years. The Novasure procedure had been suggested by my Ob/Gyn, on more than one occasion; however, I chose not to have it done. As years passed, I continued having heavy cycles. I tried to schedule vacations, camping trips and any other activity that I could control around that time of the month, but that wasn't always possible. I started considering doing something about the issue when a man, (a total stranger),at a fair commented on how many times I had been to the bathroom. My final straw was when I had planned our vacation, around that time, and had to change it. The only time left was during that time of the month. That was the last straw! I had heard a friend from church talk about having the Novasure procedure done at Meadows Surgical Center, and how wonderful it had been since she had done it. So I called and talked with a nurse at Meadows Surgical Arts and set up a consultation. When I went in for my consultation, Dr. Meadows, his nurses and staff were very nice. He and his nurses took their time and answered all of my questions, I didn't feel as though I was being rushed through. I was very much impressed the morning of the procedure when Dr. Meadows said a prayer before he began. I have had no problems and no cycles since. How wonderful it was to go on vacation and not have to worry about " my friend", showing up! The only con about this was that I got sick from the anesthesia after I woke up. I wish I would have had this done many years ago. I would recommend anyone with this problem to see Dr. Meadows.

He was very nice and answered all of my questions. I was very much impressed the morning of the procedure when Dr. Meadows said a prayer before he began. I would recommend friends to him for this procedure.