58 Year Old Tired of Looking at a 58 Year Old Neck and Jowls. Columbus, OH

I had a quick lift and facial fat transfer...

I had a quick lift and facial fat transfer performed by Dr. Fernando Colon on July 2, 2015. I had been thinking about this for 2 years. I was always told I looked younger than my age.....stopped hearing that....and started watching my jowls melt into my neck. I opted for the quick lift since the downtime was less than one would see with a full facelift. Dr. Colon suggested some of the fat he was going to lipo from my neck and jowls could be transferred to my cheeks to give them a more youthful volume and fill in my marionette lines....why not right?
From the beginning until this point Dr. Colon and his staff have been exceptional. Always available, informative, and reassuring. The procedure itself was easy enough. I could feel the tugging and hear the snipping, but it was in no way painful. I have read some people describe the post-op pain as "discomfort". I would say mine was beyond discomfort. Certainly manageable with the pain medication I was prescribed, but more than just "discomfort". I have followed the post-op instructions to the letter and the chin strap has become my new best friend (ugh).
The day after the surgery I returned to the Skin Center and had my drains removed. I was advised I may continue to swell until Tuesday July 7th....I remember thinking "so I am going to go from a basketball to a watermelon"? Yikes! Fortunately, I think my swelling started to decrease day 3.....not that I don't still have a ways to go :)
I wanted to post some pictures for others to have some idea of what to expect (as I mentioned this journey can be very individualized). I will continue to post as the swelling decreases and the end result can be seen. Thus far I have not regretted my decision.

Current before and after pictures

This side-by-side photos show better the results so far.

3 weeks post-op

A lot of the swelling has decreased

update October 16th

Per a request, below is a picture of my face as of yesterday.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

The Skin Center has a calming "vibe" to it. Dr. Colon has an awesome bedside manner. He guides you based off his expertise, but is never pushy or overbearing. Dr. Colon, along with all of his staff have been professional, accessible, informative, supportive, and quite kind.