23 Year Old, No Kids, Upper and Lower Abs - Columbus, OH

I have never had a flat stomach in my entire life....

I have never had a flat stomach in my entire life. Even as a child I had a weird little shelf. I was really skinny in highschool and still had the protruding lower abdomen. I have gained weight over the years but am comfortable with the rest of my body and just wanted my lower ab area to be flatter.

The planing for the procedure went a lot faster than I thought it would. I had two meetings with my doctor before my procedure, each about 30 minutes. My actual procedure was done on March 22nd. It was done while I was awake. They had given me some oral medication to relax me and then used local for the procedure. I could feel most of the procedure but it wasn't too bad. There were a few pinches where I feel like I involuntarily moved. Right after the procedure she stood me up and I looked down to see my flat tummy for the first time ever. It was amazing and I actually started crying because I was so happy.

My recovery hasn't been too uncomfortable. The first week as sore but by the second I could move a lot better. I did have some really hard swelling that looked uneven and I was worried I might have a seroma so I made another appointment with my doctor. She said she didn't think there was any fluid really under my skin and that it was just swelling because she had removed 3 liters of fat from my abs. She still stuck a syringe in the spots just to make sure. Then she prescribed me 3 days of prednisone and it actually really helped with the hardness. I still have a little uneven swelling but I'm hopping it goes down in the best few weeks.

25 days post op

I still have some uneven swelling but it seems that my skin is looking better. I think it might be shrinking. I still have. A large amount of swelling on the right side under my belly button. The swelling seems less after work than it was before but I'm not sure if it will heal even or if I'll always have some bumps down where my pooch was.

I will need liposuction revision

Now that my abdomen is healed you can clearly see where I have dents. I would not recommend my doctor and will be looking for a new one to do the corrections.
Dr. Marie Dilauro

I would not reccomend her.