Mommy Who Wants to See Her Cooch Again. Is That Too Much to Ask? - Columbus, GA

After hiring 2 personal trainers, purchasing a...

After hiring 2 personal trainers, purchasing a heavy punching bag, free weights, suspension training system, gliding discs.......I thnk you get the picture, and not having the results I wanted, it was time to do some research. Mind you, one of my personal trainers had a tummy tuck and she was in great shape, but just like most women who have given birth, the shelf, spare tire or whatever you'd like to call it wasn't going anywhere so I decided to do something about it in the form of a tummy tuck with lipo to the upper abdomen, inner thighs, outer thighs and flanks. I consulted with Dr. Song, Dr. Deutsch, Dr. Colgrove, Dr. Baron- McKnight and Dr. Cochran. Dr. Cochran won due to the placement of his cut. I would like to dispel the thought that Dr. Cochran is cheap so that's why people go to him. His charges for the tummy tuck are about the same as the other doctors, the difference is he uses twilight anesthesia; therefore, saving you a couple of grand by not needing an anesthesiologist. He is a professional that has been doing this for eons and has the track record to back it up. He and his staff were always professional and respectful, which is why I booked him three months ago and had my surgery yesterday. After I take my shower, I will post before and after pics.

The next day

The first four hours after surgery were the most painful hours of my life. I've heard people compare this surgery to a C-section. Lies and garbage. The only thing my C-section had in common with this surgery is the fact that I was hunched over. No more, no less. I must say that it's been uphill since then. I know the pics aren't that great but I promise to do better. I really just decided that I would post but you ladies helped me make my decision and hopefully I can do the same.

Day 3 Post Op

So.....not much new to report; however, I am learning that using the walker is imperative if you don't want to tire out too quickly. I am unable to eat full or half meals. I just eat half a bowl of Cheerios and pineapples. I have not seen a difference in swelling by eating the pineapples. The shower chair is a lifesaver. I didn't purchase the raised toilet seat and don't need it. I am still in pain but really don't need a pain pill. Although I am not a week out, I am unsure how anyone can go back to work within 7 days. I took 3 weeks off. I am very tired and will update with pics tomorrow.

Chillin' in my recliner. You can see where my tattoo has been cut and my belly button.

Day 4, Here we go

Slept a little longer this morning. Still pretty tired. So much fluid and obviously still very swollen. I tried on regular panties to show how well the scar would be covered. I look crooked but that's the way I'm standing.

These were taken a month before surgery. I have toddler twins and am in my forties. As you can see, I was lucky enough to not get stretch marks on my stomach but was lucky enough to get blessed with the apron, a.k.a shelf. My shelf runs all around my waist and onto my sides.

Today I pooped.

So today I pooped. Ladies, it's not as complicated as one would think. After reading the reviews, I thought I'd need an enema at the local ER if I didn't poop by day 3. It is normal to poop between day 3 and day 5. I wasn't eating much so day 5 works for me. I did take 2 Dulcolax gel tablets on Wed, Thurs and Fri. No, it didn't hurt. I have started massaging my stomach and thighs with a hand held massager. It does make a difference in how my body feels. That is one piece of advice I am glad that I took. I am starting to see a slight difference between post op day 1 and today. Please let me know your thoughts and any questions you may have.

Lord, please take away my sense of smell

I cannot go to sleep because I keep smelling something rank. I have come to realize that it's me. I am sitting here smelling like a fresh cut of bloody beef from the local butcher. It is horrendous and I can't escape it. I need a pill to put me to sleep. Goodnight.

I will post pics this weekend. So today I was able to remove my drain. I did so by myself. It was easy as pie and did not hurt whatsoever and I am a big punk! Interestingly enough, the stitch had popped on it's own so I guess it knew what time it was. I simply pulled straight out and in a matter of seconds, voila. I am feeling much better and will return to work next week.
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

He has the experience, the cut placement and the board certification that I needed to make me feel like I would have the best outcome.