38 Year Old. Time for Me !!!!!! - Columbus, GA

Ok RealSelf users I finally did it !!!!! I paid my...

Ok RealSelf users I finally did it !!!!! I paid my deposit and scheduled my procedures today with Dr.Cochran in Columbus, Ga which is a 6 hour drive from me.
I am so nervous but super excited. I have been researching this surgery and doctors for over 6 months and feel he is the one for me.....will update

What to tell people ?

Just curious about what I should tell people ? I don't plan on making a Facebook status about my surgery because I know people talk and it's none of their business anyway. I have only told the people closest to me. They are very supportive. As far as my clients go.......not sure.

Before of bat wings

Before pics of my arm fat

20 more days !!!!!

I have started getting lose comfy clothing together and the other items I will need like a shower chair and a walker. Been cleaning my closet out and putting away summer clothes. Can anyone think of "must have items" ???

Countdown begins.....6 more days.

I have my hotel rsv. Some items bought that I will need. Not too worried about the misc items. There is always a Walgreens or Walmart nearby.
I called Dr.c office regarding my blood work order as I have never received it in the mail. I am very glad I called when I did. The prepping package they sent me didn't have the other forms I was supposed to receive. I just had a physical 2 weeks ago and will use those lab results but still have to get a pregnancy test !!!!! I know I'm not pregnant but it's a state law apparently. My husband is fixed. Wish I could just sign a waiver. Have to find a place today and prob pay close to 100.00 for a piece of paper saying I'm not prego.

Another before stomach pic

I wanted to make sure I have plenty of before pics to compare with the after. I am sooooo excited !!!! People don't think I need a TT by looking at me in clothes. They just don't see the spanx under holding it all in lol.

It's time !!!!!!!!

I can't believe the time is actually here for us to travel to Columbus, Ga. My husband had to work 2nd shift and we left after his shift. Driving all night. 5 hours from nashville. My pre op is at 10:30 this morning ! So ready. Time for the flat side of life !!!!

Pre op pics

Pre op

My pre op went great. Dr Cochran and his staff were very nice. I felt right at ease with Dr.Cochran. I know I am good hands in the morning for my surgery.
I also asked about chin lipo an since it was just an additional 200.00 i added it as well. After all who wants a turkey goblet ? Fat accumulates in the strangest places.

Day 2 post op

My surgery went well. Dr.Cochran took off 10 lbs !!!! That made me excited. I was knocked out from the time the put me to sleep until 4 pm. I don't remember getting in our vehicle or how I got in bed. But right around 4 pm I started throwing up. Worst thing you can do after muscle repair. After throwing up 4 times in a row my husband called Dr.C and he called me in some phenergan. Getting out of bed is so difficult.
This afternoon I got up and walked to the living room which is just a few steps from my bed.
The incisions on the extreme right and left of my stomach hurt the worst. It's a raw burning pain. And next in line would be my arms from the Lipo.
I also added chin Lipo since it was just 200 more.
I would highly suggest a patient caretaker. My husband has been so amazing helping me.
I will be going to DrC office in the morning at 9:30 for a checkup. I may possibly stay one night longer than I planned

After pics - Day 2 post op

Day 3 post op

We had to get up early to get ready for my dr appt. I seem to be feeling better today. I still haven't seen my stomach. My husband has kept the gauze changed around the edges of the binder. My butt cheek is hurting and sore from the pressure of laying in a V shape.
My arm Lipo points have leaked the worst. I have been sleeping on a towel and still soaking blood through to the sheets.
I hope after my dr appt I am able to take a shower. I have been taken a sink bath since I have been in so much pain.

3 day post op pics

I took my first shower this afternoon. It felt amazing. I am feeling much better today and can get in and out of bed easier. I also seen my stomach for the first time. Very shocking !!!! I stared in shock. Even though it's till swollen and puffy there is no stretch marks or lose skin. Amazing !

After lipo of arms

Day 8 post op

This has been the longest 8 days of my life !!!! I am so ready to walk straight and be active again. I still have my drain in which is annoying but it is still draining over 50 cc a day.
I am now able to get out of bed with no help.
Walking hunched over is exhausting. Today I am wishing I had a wheelchair so I could at least take the kids to the park and let them push me around :)
I know I have read some people are standing up straight the first week after a TT. I am scared to try as Dr.Cochran said to wait 2 weeks. If I were to tear the incision open his office is 5 hours away. Better follow his advice.
I am sleeping in my own bed with no issues. I use 2 pillows under my head and 3 under my knees. I am also only using pain meds 1 time or even less a day. I find that the more I rest the less I need them. If I overdue it then my back hurts so bad I have to take one.

Lipo hole

More pics

More pics

Chin lipo swelling almost all gone

I am so impressed with my goblet lipo. It was so worth 200. My chin and neck area feel so tight now.

15 days post op

I am finally able to start practicing walking straight. My stomach is so tight it pulls my upper abdomen and the top of my thighs trying to stand straight.
I went to the gym tonight and walked 1 mile. Then did some stretches and light arm weights. Trying to build my stamina back up. I felt accomplished.
Also my drain is still in. Super annoying. I'm so over it ! Still not draining under 50cc.
Super pleased w my new waistline and curves.
Arms are starting to show more tightening from the lipo.

The drain is gone !!!!!!

I had my husband remove my drain Sunday morning since I was at the minimum required by Dr.C. I never felt the tube part but when he got to the white part that has holes in it....yeah I felt that. I think what made it so bad was the drain hole was trying to scab and heal and when he pulled it out it actually stretched the hole open. What glorious relief to have it gone though. I can actually wear normal clothes without a bulge.

1 month post op today !!!!!

Yahhhh ! Today marks 1 month since my surgery. I am feeling more normal as each day passes. I am still walking 1 mile 2-3 times a week and started some very light weights to help tone my arm. Nothing too strenuous to strain my stomach muscles.
I still wear a binder 24-7. The one day I went shopping without it my stomach was slightly swollen. It feels more supportive on my stomach muscles wearing it.
My scar is healing great. I still have some bruising along the incision area. I keep argan oil etc massaged into it daily.

1 month post op :)

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

At this point I am pleased with my outcome, the Dr and staff. They were all very nice and comforting when my nerves were so bad the morning of surgery. Dr C put me at ease right away with his knowledge of the procedures I wanted done. It was worth the drive. I am saving money to have a breast lift within the next year and will def be going back to him !