overweight and wanted a tummy tuck

I have yet to meet my team yet, but so far...

I have yet to meet my team yet, but so far everything has gone well! I will be coming from out of town, staying in candlewood suites. I am having a tummy tuck with lipo to the flanks. Excited and nervous as I have a toddler to care for. My fiancé will be coming along with me!
Researching trying to find the perfect garment and supplies! Getting extremely overwhelmed

1 week and a day away

I have purchased my walker, from a thrift store for $5! A toilet, chair for shower, and a wedge pillow! Also bringing my pregnancy pillow. It's almost time

Tomorrow is the big day

I am staying at candlewood suites, I am adding photos. I got the handicap room. Excuse the mess, we had just been upgraded and I was in the middle of cooking while my fiancé moved our belongings! Wish me luck and pray hard

Met my doctor yesterday

Met doctor Cochran yesterday. He told me I am a great candidate for this surgery. Lol, I don't know how to take that. Anyways, I spoke with a nurse, she kind of told me what to expect. I go in at 10:45 today. I'm just now starting to sweat and get nervous. Please pray this goes well. I have a sweet son I have to be here for. See you all on the flat side

Flat side

Oh man I'm falling asleep typing this but I made it. I'm in some terrible pain but I'm here!

Still first day things I've learned

If you don't have a walker, get one! Getting to and from I don't know how I would without it. Getting out of bed sucks, getting in sucks more. Get a high rise toilet seat, just do it! I woke up several times during surgery. It kind of hurt but not much. I asked for chick fil a apparently. Lol, ????????. I'm trying to keep my spirits high. Praying this pain subsides soon. The burning is awful. The other stuff I can deal with okay, but the burning I can't. Lol! I'll try to get pics later. Idk how people get pics the first day.

Another before

Candlewood suites

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you don't know where to stay after your surgery, candlewood suites is a great place. They had a wheelchair for me after my surgery. And bought me flowers and a card.

Whew! End of day two.

Kudos to you ladies who are snapping pics and feeling great at this point. I don't know how you did it!!! Emotionally I'm beginning to unravel. My butt is sore from being on it all day, tailbone more like. Taking a shower was slightly traumatic for my fiancé lol. Not too terrible for me. I did a lot of yelling though out of fear. But it isn't that bad lol I'm a drama queen I guess. I'm draining a hell of a lot, but that's to be expected. Still no BM ???? but I did pass gas. And my 18 month old was there to save the day by imitating it. Isn't that what boys are for... sigh. It's hard on him the most. He wants to be held by momma, I'm a SAHM so I'm what he is used to. But his dad is his pride and joy. He just keeps trying to cuddle me and crying when I can't. Do a lot of cuddling before hand! You'll miss it! Here is the only pic I managed to get lol my new BB! I will say I'm quite puffy today but I didn't get a look yesterday, my fiancé said I was "way skinny and he was jealous" which isn't likely Bc he is skinny. Either way it was encouraging. My size 20 pants fell of several times yesterday. That's all I have to go off of for belly size for now! Update you all soon. Please keep me in your prayers as I'm losing my already wasting away mind lol

Uh oh... leaked through.

So last night I woke up to potty, and my fiancé saw a huge blood stain. My drain had popped out and I drained on the bed. I hope I don't get charged for it.. good gosh. We called the doctors office and he told us it was fine as long as it's draining. I hope he reinserts it Friday, Bc I'm already tired of smelling it and having it all over. Yuck. Anywho, who is ready for good news? One of my number one issues has been back pain. If you have lipo done listen up!!!! It feels like huge huge knots and packets of fluid. Plus the muscles are sore from you bending over. Well I had my fiancé rub some dragon (like icy hot) cream on my back (not near an incision though! Ouch) and had him continue to massage for about and hour and oh my heavens what the difference it made. It didn't hurt it felt like rubbing muscles after you work out!! Not he didn't do this on my lower body Bc it's still numb and all bruised and I have incisions etc.. so not all feels better but the upper half does and it's fantastic. Every time I wake up to pee he does it a little with the cream etc and each time he does my drain fills up. So I suppose it's fluid. Gross. Anywho still no BM. But massaging my back also helped get trapped gas out. It's hard to pass gas Bc you can't push it out lol. I'm ready to wash my hair it's so gross but idk if I can't venture that far. I see the doc tomorrow. So I'll update on what he says! Maybe some photos! Today seems to be starting off a tad better!

Where I leaked through

End of day 2...3? I don't know anymore

So I saw he doctor today Bc of my drains. He said everything was great and I would love my results in the end. I've only had 2 pain killers today, I used Tylenol the rest of the day. I started to walk a little straighter a few hours ago. My right drain is still giving me issues, I'm beginning to get worried. I still have yet to see my stomach real well... I'm getting anxious! Anyways, day started off well, went downhill fast then got better. Trying to take it hour by hour!

Pictures

Just took these pictures after my amazing shower! Ahhhhhh I feel so much better!! Washed my hair, sat under the hot water for awhile! Changed my dressings. Anyways. Clearly I'm swollen. This is my first look at my belly! Also, some pics of why my drain isn't working well!

Before and after

Today

Today has gone pretty well. I slept for the most part. Still no BM. I leave to go home Sunday! Kind of nervous for the drive! It's 10 hours... I'll make it. Just nervous. My stomach is regaining feeling. So that means tingling and burning. But it means I'm getting closer!

End of day 3? I say Day 4 RealSelf says Day three lol!

I finally had a BM! It didn't hurt at all, and lifted my spirits lol. I know that sounds silly, but it's one last pain! I started taking stool softeners 2 days before. And started taking benefiber today. Some more supplies that have come in handy: fanny pack for my drains $6 at Walmart in backpacking/camping section, a hot/cold pack for all your bruises, and of course my beloved heating pad, I would even get 2 or a huge one! Today was a good day! Hopefully tomorrow is even better!!

Updated photos. Look at this swelling!?

Look at the picture with the circle.... is that a dog ear

Today and all it's glory

Took another showers. It's an easy way to get relief. My stomach is so hard and swollen. I'm over it lol. I want my body to feel like my own again. I'm still using a walker. Idk if that's ok. But I can't stand up long on my own. My muscles are so very weak. Back home tomorrow. Should be interesting. Things are starting to burn and tingle even more. Bleh. I knew it was to be expected. And I came down with a cold!!!! It's gonna be a rough 2 weeks. But I'm almost a week down. I can't wait to hit 14 days. That's my short term goal I look forward to!!! More photos though they look more swollen lol.

Just waking up from a crash nap!

That shower wore me out so bad that I just crashed on the recliner! I started to want to cry thinking of my trip tomorrow and how rock solid my body is.... it feels like a memory foam mattress.. but hard lol. Anyways, I felt the top of my stomach (the only place I've ventured to touch Bc everything is so weird feeling. Numb etc) and it's also where I had the most lipo. And it was soft... er. Softer! I have been massaging and applying cold and heat. Idk if that helped but YAY! It seems every time I'm about to break down, god shows me some light! Cheers for the little victories

Made it halfway

Boy am I swollen like a tick. I've yet to be this swollen. It is horrendous and awful. Blahhhhhh I hope this goes away sooooon! Thanks for all the well wishes!!! Bye for now
Columbus Plastic Surgeon