WORTH IT! 37 Year Old En Bloc Removal of 6-year-old Silicone Gummy Sub Muscular Implants - Columbus, OH

I got sub muscular cohesive gel implants Sep. 2009...

I got sub muscular cohesive gel implants Sep. 2009 in NYC. Dr. Jennifer Walden was my surgeon. I had debated for about 7 years because I breast fed 3 children and my boobs deflated. Fast-forward 6 years and I totally regret doing it. In fact, I regretted getting them right afterwards. Sure, they looked a while, but the left sits higher than the right (a preexisting condition), and I have had one health issue after another.

After a HUGE health scare last year (being hit with the "C" word), being able to afford to get these toxic bags out has been a fantasy. I originally planned to go with Dr. Hordenski, because I was scared how they would look post explant and he offers "scarless" lift (I had a Facetime consult with him--very friendly). I was super nervous about scars since I now have a huge abdominal scare from n emergency surgery ;ast year. But, at the end of the day, it is more important than anything to have them removed using the "en bloc" method, and who is more qualified than Dr. Lu-Jean Feng? She takes a holistic approach to medicine and even sends pre and post vitamins as well as soups, which is right up my alley since I am now vegan and using nutrition to heal and stay healthy. Updates to come.

Surgery date changed to February

I am so ready to be free of these toxic bags! There are no open spots until February, so far now, I've got to wait a little longer.

Surgery scheduled for Dec 30!

I received a call from Linda saying there is an opening for surgery Dec. 30. I am so happy I don't have to wait until February. I sort of wish I could afford a lift, but I know GOD will work everything out. They are overnighting the vitamins/packet, so I should receive everything today. Will post pics when I receive the package. I ordered a Fruit of the Loom - Comfort Front-Close Sports Bra, Style 96014, 4-pack from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago, plus 4 packs of men tank tops. Pray for me, ladies!

I made it through the other side!!! 100% Worth it!!!

My breast implant removal experience with Dr. Feng:

Dr. Feng is exceptional. Despite her impressive credentials (including Yale at the age of 16), she is extremely personable. She spent 2 hours (give or take-- I lost track of time) talking to me in her office! (A very beautiful office, I might add.) I was a little nervous about having surgery outside of of a hospital setting, but Dr. Feng explained having her own surgical center allows for greater regulation in controlling infection; she pointed out no ill patients come and go such as in a hospital setting. The Lu-Jean Feng clinic has a 0% infection rate.

I was concerned about going under, but was comforted by the fact that all of her anesthesiologists are MD's. Dr. Malic attended during my surgery and he was great. He had me imagine myself on a beautiful beach of my choice... right before going under. I couldn't think of one (nervous, I suppose), but one of the RN's (Karla) blurted out "Hawaii." I went under imagining a beautiful horizon.

After coming to, I was given Arnica pills. I could not believe how alert I was. I was still a little out of it, but I did not have the drowsy feeling that typically accommodates post-operative consciousness. After a couple of hours in recovery, I was sent home with a huge, delicious salad and tasty large cup of soup.

A couple of weeks before surgery, you receive a packet of information and vitamins that you begin taking immediately. There is also a list of foods, vitamins, and supplements to avoid. After surgery, you continue taking the vitamins you were sent, so it's paramount to bring them with you.

I took no pain meds. The first night was PAINFUL. The pain is from the drains inside the breasts. You definitely need someone to help with the drains (a nurse will show you and your attendant how it is done). I should have listened to the nurses, who told me to get large zip-loc bags and fill them with ice and place them on my breasts. The second night I wised up and kept ice on my chest. What a difference! I slept great. On day 2 I had my drains removed. Once the drains were removed I was essentially pain-free with a very slight soreness only felt when lifting elbows away from body.

If you are looking to get healthy, Dr. Feng is the doctor for you. She removes implants en bloc and sends your scar tissue out to pathology. She maintains an extremely positive and beautiful environment, and a holistic outlook on health. The fact she no longer does breast implants is testimony of her passion for healthy living. She even gave me a book on healthy aging to educate myself on bio-identical hormone replacement therapy because of my forced full-hysterectomy last year. Her facility is state-of-the-art; I just cannot stop singing her praises enough.

If you are worried about deformity of breasts post-explantation, be comforted by the fact she repairs the muscle and, if that is not well enough and you are hesitant of breast lift scars (I am), she offers stem cell replacement enhancement.

Another observation: every employee was thrilled to be part of Dr. Feng's team, which says a lot. I am so happy to have found her (thanks, Real Self :)), and grateful to have those toxic bags out of me. The chronic pain in the mid right portion of my abdomen and my upper right chest area disappeared after surgery. I feel SO much better. Team Feng, all the way.

Hello from the other side!

10 days post

They are improving everyday.

Pics: Implant/explant fresh out the oven lol

Better pics showing the implants, capsule, and scar tissue that was removed

Implant/explant fresh out the oven

Better pic of removed implant, capsule, scar tissue, and fat

19 days post-- improving each day

SO grateful to be back natural. If Dr. Feng approves, plan on beginning push ups in 2 weeks.

3 months silicone free!!!

I am so happy I explored!! Dr. Feng is wonderful. Breasts just keep getting better. I have yet to start my push-ups... I notice good posture plays a big part in a how breasts look, so I am going to Justus start with core fitness.
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Feng is amazing and her facility is state-of-art. Despite this fact--and her very impressive credentials (including Yale at the age of 16), she is extremely personable. She consulted with me for around 2 hours (give or take-- I lost track of time) in her very beautiful office. I was nervous about having surgery outside of of a hospital setting, but Dr. Feng explained having her own surgical center allows for greater regulation in controlling infection; she pointed out no ill patients come and go such as in a hospital setting. The Lu-Jean Feng clinic has a 0% infection rate. If going under is a concern, be comforted by the knowledge all of Dr. Feng's anesthesiologists are MD's. Dr. Malic attended during my surgery. He has great bedside manner; he had me imagine myself on a beautiful beach of my choice... right before going under. I was too nervous to think of one, but one of the RN's (Karla) blurted out "Hawaii." I went under imagining a beautiful horizon. Speaking of RN's, both Karla and Lindsey were simply fantastic. In fact, the entire staff was wonderful. After coming to, I was surprisingly alert; I was given Arnica pills. Although I was a bit out of it, I did not have the drowsy feeling that typically accommodates post-operative consciousness. After a couple of hours in recovery, I was sent home with a gigantic, delicious salad and tasty large cup of soup. A packet is sent to your home a couple of weeks before surgery. The packet includes information and vitamins that you begin taking immediately. There is also a list of foods, vitamins, and supplements to avoid. After surgery, you continue taking the vitamins you were sent, so it's paramount to bring them with you. I took no pain meds. The drains inside the breasts made the first night PAINFUL. You definitely need someone to help with the drains (a nurse will show you and your attendant how it is done). Silly me for not listening to the nurses, who told me to get large zip-loc bags and fill them with ice and place them on my breasts. The second night I wised up and kept ice on my chest. What a difference! I slept like a baby. On day 2 I had my drains removed. Once the drains were removed I was essentially pain-free with only a mild slight soreness felt when lifting my elbows away from body (which I wasn't supposed to be doing anyway.) If good health is your goal, Dr. Feng is the doctor for you. She removes implants en bloc, then sends your scar tissue out to pathology. She maintains an extremely positive and beautiful environment, and a holistic outlook on health. The fact she no longer does breast implants is proof of her passion for healthy living. Before I left, considering my forced full-hysterectomy last year, she gave me a book on healthy aging to educate myself on bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. I cannot stop singing her praises enough. If you are worried about deformity of breasts post-explantation, note that Dr. Feng repairs the muscle while she's in there and, if you desire more fullness but are hesitant of breast lift scars (I am), she offers stem cell replacement enhancement. One last observation: every employee was thrilled to be part of Dr. Feng's team. I am sure she inspires them to be their very best everyday. That's the type of vibe she has. I am so grateful to have found her (thanks, Real Self :)) and to have those toxic bags out of me! The chronic pain in the mid right portion of my abdomen and my upper right chest area disappeared after surgery. I feel SO much better already. I am team Feng, all the way.