30 Yo, 2 Kids, Fit, but Pouch Doesn't Go Away - Columbia, SC

I am fit, work out regularly. Despite my efforts,...

33 days post op

Dang it, I gained so much weight in the last month. I have been completely inactive, stayed at home the whole time. Recovery hasn't been easy, I am still experiencing some discomfort.

As I look at my belly button....
Although I love my result, here is my piece of advice to you. Make sure you know and your doctor knows what kind of belly button you would like to see. This was only after the surgery when I realized that the new belly button is ugly. Moreover, some dents in the new belly button are so far from deep inside that I think that I will gave trouble cleaning it up.

Day 33

I have puffiness today and discomfort. Had to take ibuprofen and Tylenol.

My clean scar

My doctor did a great job with the incision. I think my scar looks very clean and neat.

Don't do the belly button training!

I heard about the belly button training (when you put a marble into your belly button, tape it, wear it, and thus, shape it into a naturally looking one. Ok, don't do it.

I just tore my belly button, making two holes in it. The pressure from the marble is a bit too much for the healing wounds.

Today's belly

Do you guys know where I can buy this?

This is a belly button silicone sphere that is soft. I think it will not be as harsh on the healing belly button.

Today's progress

Today's progress. Swelling is way down. The lower part (below belly button) is still hard but I am getting better. The suffering was worth it.

Progress

Scar today

Update

New pics

Belly button sunk in

Bloated

I just wanted to share this pic with you to show how a bloated belly looks like after a TT. I ate something, and now my belly is full of gas.

Update

I love it!
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

I am fit, work out regularly. Despite my efforts, the pouch wouldn't go away. Especially after full dinner or constipation, it becomes so large, as if I am 6 month pregnant. Of course, I was deeply dissatisfied with the look but a surgery like this was a no-no for me due to associated recovery risks. I finally decided to do it when my kids turned 6 and 4. I figured I was a very low risk patient (not a smoker, young, healthy). My doctor was the only one I met for consultation. I guess I was lucky because my doctor turned out to be wonderful. He was straight to the point, no upselling, price was very affordable too. The incision now looks very accurate and neat. Every time I text him a message describing my problem, he insists that I come right away, the same day for an evaluation. There are no signs of infection or anything like this. Although each result might be different, based on my result, I would highly recommend him for a TT procedure. I love the new result, although must admit, recovery was and still is very painful. I now understand that with a tummy tuck you must expect that you will be completely disabled for the first 3-4 weeks.