My Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery Adventure - Farmington, MI

Surgery was yesterday , I felt very confident no...

Surgery was yesterday , I felt very confident no hesitations whatsoever . I took two small dose xanax and they gave me two more at the office . My surgery was done in office while under general anesthesia . No real pain just a little stinging and tugging very tolerable . No pain T home. See pics

Local anesthesia **

***i had local anesthesia as well as something shot into my arm to help with pain ...not general as noted in my post

Next evening update

6:00 the night after surgery , a lot of bruising in my lower eyelids and some puffing up of the uppers but all in all it already looks better. No pain just stiffness and eyelashes sticking together . I was able to do a little light driving today but spent most of the day resting .. can't wait to see the end results. Lisa from the office called to check on me and see how I'm feeling that made me feel good !!

Day two bed time

A little puffy but I have my drops in put my lacrilube on and took more arnica Montana for bruising ..looks a little rough but I feel just fine ...waiting to see what tomorrow looks like I've heard day three is the worst ..off to ice for a bit

Day 3

So they say day 3 looks the worse ...I woke up feeling a little stiff , kept a bowl of water and a washcloth next to bed ...put the wash cloth over my eyes for ten minutes or so and they felt much better and the lashes didn't stick together when I got up ...still no pain just stiffness , kinda looks like the dissolvable stitches are starting to dissolve in the lower lashes

Rainbow colors

My day three evening pic ..bruising has gotten colorful ...feels like lower stitches are dissolving ..they are a little itchy a cold rag alleviates that but all in all no discomfort today ..got gutsy enough to show the neighbors and go to the grocery store with sunglasses :) good day today

A couple of before pics

Just wanted to post a couple of before pics I was able to cover slit with make up but the heavy lids were a problem

Day 4 Feeling Hopeful

The bruising is started to fade a bit ..I did go out for breakfast with a little make up on ..decided I need something a little heavier to cover went to ulta and picked up dermablend cream foundation looks like it will work well . No pain but I can feel a lot of tightness and a little stinging around stitches ...a sign of healing !!

Day 5

I have a few things scheduled for today was hoping the bruising wouldn't be as bad as it is I should have known better I bruise very easily ..used my dermablend and liquid foundation and hopefully my glasses will cover most to make me presentable . No pain just extremely tight today and stitches are itchy

Day 5 out and about

Went out today for a bit dentist and next dr so far so good thankful for sun glasses and nice weather ...info feel a bit cartoonish with these darn stitches !! Two more days until they come out !

Evening #5

Ran around all day with make up to cover just washed off face bruising is slowly subsiding starting to be a bit yellow ..eyes are very tight but not sore .. swelling in eyelids going down eyes are starting to look normal again !! Excited to see results ????

Evening day 6

Today I woke up lashes a bit crusty and eyes stiff ...I put cold washcloth on them and felt a ton better ...I was out and about with makeup on but still really dark bruises on my upper cheeks ..resting tonight ..stitches coming out tomorrow .

Evening day 6

Trying to add photo ..day 6

Photo wouldn't load gonna try again ..def some improvement but itchy as hell !

Attempting last nights photo again

Day 6

Out for dinner with a lil mascara

Looking better every day !!

Day 9 ...2nd day back to work

So more stitches dissolved in the past few days still swollen a bit red and still bruised but healing up

Day 10

Still tight and a bit bruised but looking better

Day 12

The bruising is taking forever to fade ughhh trying to be patient ..I just hate having to wear glasses vs contacts to hide the bruising ...eyes still pretty stiff and tight ..Lisa at my office told me that my eyelashes might feel kinda numb and she was right !! What an odd feeling !! Love being able to wear mascara again !

Day 13

Today has been my best day so far ..wee bit of bruising , but eyes looking more normal and feeling less tight

3 weeks out

3 weeks out feeling good still one little bruise on my left check swelling is subsided .. hoping the stitches settle a bit

My one month post op

One month out still a wee bit of bruising on my left cheek eyes are tight eyelashes feel nun which I'm told is quite normal ..but I'm feeling great and love being able to wear eyeshadow and mascara again !!

Happy to be voting !!

Fun news

My surgeons office called me today and asked if I would be willing to be on their before and after as they were so pleased with my results !! How fun is that ?
Farmington Facial Plastic Surgeon