Considering a BA... Hesitant - Colorado Springs, CO

Hello. I am considering a breast aug. I recently...

Hello. I am considering a breast aug. I recently lost 'that last 10 libs' and am very happy with my body (5'10 and 130), but have had trouble watching my small c's become practically nothing. With a bra with some padding it's okay, but there have been a few times I've caught my reflection in the gym, and I feel shapeless up top, which I've never felt before.

I would never have considered surgery until feeling this way, and have been met with a lot of resistance from my mother who has always been against plastic surgery and always made that known to me growing up. I guess I'm just looking for some insight into other people's decision making processes. What freaks me out the most is the fact that this is real surgery, which is not to be taken lightly. It seems like so many people on these boards have been planning on doing it for years and it was just a matter of when. Would be great to hear from people who were hesitant and had concerns, and how they got to the point of making the change. Thanks in advance!

Still doing research... considering starting to schedule consultations

I still feel unsure about my feelings regarding the surgery. I know that I need to do more research, but I think the next step might be meeting with a surgeon to understand more fully exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

I've also seen a lot people mention that they were sure they wanted to do it after they saw a friend's positive experience. I don't have any friends who have had this procedure, but I do feel that would be very helpful. Also kind of scares me that I would be the only person not only in my family but among my friends and acquaintances. Will I be known as the vain one?

Excitement

Tonight I told one of my friends about my interest in a BA, and to my surprise she way very excited! I didn't expect her to be judgy or anything, but she was totally and completely excited about it. She has naturally big boobs and I guess wants to share the love with me!

It felt good to share my thoughts with someone, and I think I'm really leaning toward doing it.

Consultation scheduled

I have a consultation next week with Dr Squires who seems to be the most talked about Denver surgeon on this site. I am very excited, but still nervous. I started filling out the paperwork today and have been compiling a list of questions. I still don't know exactly what to expect, but I'm hoping speaking to a doctor will help me decide which way I'm leaning.

I also told two more friends: my best guy friend who grew up with very similar values as me (and a judgemental mother) and he was very encouraging, and then I told another girl friend who was also excited I was considering it.

Decision Made!

After a few months of thinking and really struggling to make the decision, I made up my mind and scheduled my surgery! I actually scheduled a few weeks ago, just haven't had time to update. I was so unsure before, but when I make decisions it's usually hard for me to initially decide, and then I'm sure from there. Haven't had one second thought yet, which is great.

My date is Monday, November 24. I wanted the Wednesday prior, but the doctor was booked. Will not be fun to be out of it on Thanksgiving, but I only have to take 2 days off work which is nice, and will have a full week to recover before going back. I am so excited!

Next consideration: sizing

Still stuck on sizing

My surgery is in less than two weeks and I absolutely can't wait! Only thing I'm worried about is sizing. I'm not so worried about being too big when I'm naked or in a swimsuit, but I'm worried I'll look a bit top heavy in regular clothes. I'm currently thinking 475 mod profiles.

I tried on 425s, 450s and 475s a few months ago, and I liked the 475s in everything but the top below. I thought I looked a little too top heavy. But in more fitted tops I was very pleased.

Any girls with similar body types (5'10, 130) have any thoughts? Or doctors?

Surgery completed!

I'm now 5 days post surgery and am feeling great! Everything went so smoothly and I haven't felt sick or any pain-killer induced regret. I've done a good job of staying on top of my meds and have only experienced tightness, no incisional pain at all. They look a little freaky, as I expected, because they are up so high and need to drop. I've been doing the massages and am staying patient in anticipation of the dropping. Can't wait to see how they look in a few weeks!

Full Update- Trying to post a review for my doctor but the website won't let me

Dr John Squires

I chose to schedule a consultation with Dr. Squires after seeing all of the positive reviews on here and that he answered questions and seems engaged with people seeking information. I had only a friend of a friend that I knew who had had the surgery, and when I spoke to her about it found out that she had seen him as well. That solidified it for me, and he was the only surgeon I met with. As you can see if you look back at my earlier forum posts, I was very interested in getting the surgery, but also hesitant and really needed some time to be sure that I wanted to make such a permanent change. I can say that after a few months of really thinking about it and weighing the options, I made my decision and never once second guessed it. I am so glad I had the surgery and happy with how I look. When I went in for my consultation, I had a list of questions prepared, but didn't need to ask any because Dr. Squires answered all of them during our conversation. This showed me that he is tune with what patients might worry about or need reassurance on, and that made me really like and respect him immediately. I was also pleased by how little pressure there was from his staff. I was worried there might be some incentive to schedule that day, like money off, which for a money saver like me would have been hard to turn down if I thought I might actually end up getting the surgery. Luckily, I left with a packet fully explaining all of the charges and finance options and was given a lot of time to really make the right decision for myself. They let me come in another time before any decision was made for a sizing appointment, and it was about 2 months after I tried on the sizers with some of my own clothes that I committed and scheduled the surgery. There was no pressure at the sizing appointment and no follow up call, which I really liked. It let me process the information myself, but I knew they were a call or an email away if I had a question. Once I booked the surgery, everything progressed easily. The staff is very friendly and always made me feel comfortable being half naked around them all the time. And members of the staff shared their own stories of surgery performed by the doctor, which I found very reassuring. I do realize they are on the payroll, but it was nice to hear personal stories and it made me more comfortable. Sizing was a big issue for me, and they were very, very patient with me. I wanted to make sure I went big enough to suit my taller frame, but did not want them to be super noticeable in clothing. I kept saying they can be as big as possible when I'm naked or in a swimsuit, but I want them to be classy in work and regular outfits. They looked through endless pictures with me, had me find my own pictures and email them and discussed how my perception was off and ones I thought would be good were actually freakishly huge. The main office staff member I worked with even let me email pics the Friday before my surgery to her personal email so she could get them to the nurse who would be there the day of my surgery. The surgery went very smoothly. I wasn't nervous at all and the anesthesiologist and Dr. Squires did a good job calming my mom's nerves. I remember slipping away to sleep and then woke up in recovery. I was diligent about my meds, setting alarms and writing which one I needed to take when, and was never in any pain at all. I am very thankful for how smoothly it all went. Unlike a lot of people who want to sneak a peek under the bandage, I knew they would look very odd, so I waited until my appointment the next day. And, as expected, they were high and weird looking. But I had been warned that it would take a while for them to settle and look good, and I was surprising patient with that. I'm now almost one year post surgery and I can honestly say that I am 100% happy with them. They look incredible. They are beautiful in lingerie, a swimsuit or a sexy dress for a night out, but very easily hidden in clothes at work. The size we went with is large, I wear a 34DD, but they are proportional to my taller yet thin frame. I would say they started looking completely normal and natural maybe 3 months after my surgery. And my scars are now almost completely gone. I highly recommend having Dr. Squires as your surgeon.