21 Year Old, Invisalign with Acceladent

I got braces in highschool after hating my smile...

I got braces in highschool after hating my smile for as long as I could remember. The day I got my braces off I was so displeased with the results. I felt as though my ortho was being lazy and just wanted my treatment to be done and he didn't care to listen to my concerns. He just sort of blamed my complaints on me having smal second teeth and that they were different sizes? Whatever lol... So I'm giving Invisalign a shot to get the perfect smile before my wedding day! I saw my clincheck in office and I am sooooo excited! I have a total of 18 trays so WITH acceladent (7days or less per tray) I'm looking at a rough estimate of 4ish months? That's nuts! My ortho is having me wear my alligners for 10 days each (which is already less than the 14) until my acceladent comes in as well as rubber bands at night. So far no pain or discomfort and best of all NO LISP! I will update as often as I can.

Day 5 update on pain!

So this is just a quick update about pain! Day 1-3 OMG I was popping Advil like candy, only ate 1-2 times per day because I was so afraid to take them out and yank on my very sore teeth!!! Here we are at day 5 and it's easy as pie . Minimal discomfort when removing my trays and I am eating whenever I please and no Advil. so this means I have to brush a lot as well which has never been an issue for me. Already getting anxious for tray 2! My orthodontist sent me home with trays 1-8 already and I can't help but look at tray 8 in its package to see any movements lol ???? I'm excited for the road ahead and to finally have A perfect smile ! Here are some photos from day 5 progress - the trays don't feel tight on my teeth anymore so I honestly feel like they are done with their movement for this tray but I will continue to wear as directed! (Can't wait for my right incisor not to hit the bottom anymore!! And to not have an open bite)

Tray 2

So it's day 9 and I've decided to switch my trays before bed instead of day 10 in the morning. I'm hoping that I can sleep through most of the initial pain with some help from Advil!

Got my Acceladent today!

So I got good and bad news today when I picked up my device. Good news, I will only be wearing my trays 5 days each!! This is great especially because it's nearly impossible to keep trays looking great and clean for very long (lipstick, dinginess, etc.) So in theory my treatment would be complete before my next appointment, which is the second week of December (about 3 total months) ! Here's the catch, my ortho is already predicting a refinement :-(. My case really isn't that bad so I can't imagine I would have many refinement aligners? I was excited about how short my treatment would be but oh well. In reality I just want it all done by July 2017, in time for my wedding!! And that will for sure happen! Even if the refinements added say another 18 trays, that would only take my treatment another 3 months.

Tray 4

Seems like my canine is already being pushed forward so it is no longer coming Straight down on top of the lower one! At least when I'm wearing my trays anyway. This is my one rubber band I have to wear at night but usually I have been wearing it as long as I am home.

End of Tray 4

Wow this is really coming right along, tonight I will be switching to tray 5 (of 17+) already! The two teeth in question are coming down nicely - my canine is still grazing my lower tooth :-(.

On to tray 6

This is going by quick! Forgot to take a pic after tray 5. At this point the trays are slightly working on molar movement to widen my arches and really focusing on moving my incisor forward and down. I switched to tray 6 one day later because I had been slacking with keeping my trays in for 22 hours ????
Johnsons orthodontics

i was so glad after speaking to Dr Johnson upon my initial consultation because he actually recognized my concerns after my old ortho Essentially said there was nothing we could do to fix my smile and that it's fine because they are at least straight. I am looking forward to continue working with him. As far as the procedure today, I saw Patrick (ortho assistant?) and he was great and able to to everything without the assitance of the Doctor. They seemed genuine and that they actually care if I will love my results!