I Feel Like I Will Never Heal from This Surgery - Raleigh-Durham, NC

I am a few weeks post op from my breast reduction...

I am a few weeks post op from my breast reduction with Dr. Collins. He seemed very nice during the consultation, but never really looked me in the eye, and said "yep, you definitely have the problem." That was hurtful, but I was so ready to have this done, I wanted to get the surgery over with and move on. Afterwards, I have had MULTIPLE issues. Each time he seems annoyed that I am there and says "it will be fine". Well, it is not fine. As a patient this is a big deal that I have something unexpected pop up that is causing me pain. He literally takes 2 minutes to look at me. He pokes around without gloves on and then runs out the door and tells me "just do these dressing changes. It's no big deal. " He NEVER gives me a chance to ask a question, not to mention that he is touching my wounds with his hands. Now, I am concerned that he caused me to have my breast open up from his dirty hands. If you expect attention to detail and compassion from a surgeon, you are looking in the wrong place. Instead you can expect a surgeon that never answers your question or returns your call and cares more about getting you out of the office then caring for you like his patient. You would think that he would take EXTRA time to talk with me since I am having a surgical complication and having to do dressing changes. Just not the case.
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

He is incapable of compassion or empathy and lacks attention to detail. This should not be the "norm" to have to do dressing changes to my breast. It is scary, and the fact that he tells me "its no big deal" is just rude and unprofessional on every level.