33, 2 Kids, Wanting Flat Tummy

I have been wanting a flat tummy for awhile. My...

I have been wanting a flat tummy for awhile. My weight has went up and down my entire life. I am not small but I am disproportionate. The bottom half of my stomach is never changing and I have been told often it doesn't match my overal appearance. While I could stand to be smaller on the scale my surgeon didn't see my weight being a huge issue and was very comfortable with me proceeding with a full TT with Lipo. I am excited but so nervous. I know I need this to encourage me to keep exercising. I always fold up the gym equipment when the rest of me is firm and fit and then this horrible stomach is just sitting in my lap mocking me. Lol! Anyways, I feel bad for spending my money on me, but I know I will get back the confidence that I am lacking. Hoping for a speedy recovery and to feel better about myself!

7 days away from surgery

Well making a checklist of things I need before I take the plunge, I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Any post op must have suggestions would be great!

5 days!!!!

I am nervous! The 16th is my big day! I am excited but worried about the pain and level of helplessness I will have to endure. I am looking forward to the flat side though!

Tomorrow is the DAY

Well excited and nervous at the same time! Tomorrow is the day! I am trying to keep my eye on the prize and not think about the down time. I am preparing myself for the worst pain, so I will be relieved if it is better than that. I have mostly everything I need. I had to order a couple of things which is shipping and will be here tomorrow, so just before my return home.

2nd day post op

Well pain is much more manageable but still walking like a hunchback, tired, but getting up and shuffling around more.

Almost completely erect. Hardest part is my back hurting from posture.

Almost completely erect. Hardest part is my back hurting from posture. I am really thankful for my mom helping me out. I am getting up and down independently for the last two days now, and going potty, Sponged off and brushed my hair and teeth and made a feeble attempt at looking human. I think by Monday I will be completely self sufficient!

10 days post op

I am pretty flat but swollen. I am pretty conservative and since I am still in bandages I will show you my progress, excuse my hot mess appearance, I have carpet installers here that have blocked off my access to my make up this morning! Lol

Lbs Gone/ questions

I am a modest person, I will post post op pics as soon as my belly button heals. I had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair and lipo. I was out for 4.5 hours for my surgery. I had almost 10 lbs removed. I am not seeing it yet because I am still swollen. However, my doctor removed somewhere between 8-9 lbs of tissue, and about 1 lbs of fat from lipo. I can't believe, my apron was that much weight in tissue! I expected the excess skin to be 1 lb, because this was not means of weight loss for me, but more for the "flap" removal. I am happy to bid it farewell, maybe I can stand a little straighter and my back hurt a little less with that top heaviness gone! Curious when I will get the feeling completely back in my stomach, I read its normal to not have it for a bit (probably due to swelling) how long did it take the swelling to go down? Does anyone else love their compression garment? I love it, the snugger the better, it feels like a nice hug....I know I am nuts, but I really do like it! ;)

My belly button

I am much flatter but still swelling , just glad to sleep on my side again! Summer surgery really doesn't help on the swelling and garment front, I am down 10 lbs easily, but still puffy. No more meat apron though :)

6 1/2 Weeks post op update

Please forgive me, these are pretty close up, swelling is not as bad 3 inches off my waist, so I am still a work in progress, belly is pretty flat.
Neil Hoganson

I am only a few days post op, so my overall opinion of the procedure is still healing :). I can tell you having very few surgeries in m life, Dr. Hoganson made my experience as comfortable as he could. He has an excellent manner, and very direct and professional comments that help. I would recommend him to friends and family. I have had a very positive working experience with him, and am very pleased with selecting him as my doctor. Thank you Dr. Hoganson.