19 Year Old Was in Need of a BR! - Coeur d'Alene, ID

After going through puberty and my body started...

After going through puberty and my body started maturing it had always been very clear that my breasts were causing negative effect on my body not only physically but emotionally as well. The challenges I was faced with everyday things like finding a covering swim suit, a shirt that would hide my breasts as much as possible, and not giving off the wrong impression by accidental spillage. At one point I was wearing my full coverage bras swimming because, as many people with big breasts know, a lot of the time they cover and the girls under control more; and I was told that I was making people uncomfortable and asked if I could put a shirt on.. I was absolutely devastated, my boyfriend is the one that told me that it is appropriate to swim in and his brother own brother had told me this. I believe that's when everything hit me hard. People started to only see a girl who they thought tried to flaunt her breasts and that is not me. I wasn't Shayla anymore I was that girl with big boobs. After thinking about a breast reduction since 8th grade I finally took initiative and got my much needed breast reduction. In all honesty i have NO REGRETS! I only see positive outcomes because of this surgery! My back/shoulder/neck pain is already noticeably better! To me the scars aren't a big deal to me because I was so uncomfortable with my body before and the positives out weigh the bad by far! This is a surgery that I would highly recommend if you have any of the same feelings or thoughts as I do!

5 Days Post Op

I LOVE my new girls! This was my 5th day (yesterday) and I'm pretty sore but it's mostly around my bottom incisions ! Wondering How much should I be walking around and how often I should be showering?

8 Days Post Op

I am so proud to say that I love my chest now. My Dr really listened to what I wanted and I don't think that it could of turned out any better! Now I am just hoping that I heal good with minimal scaring???? this was before my shower yesterday!

9th Day Post Op

I feel like I'm healing well but I'm very sore lately.. Mostly around the incisions though! Been putting on 2times a day my bactricin zinc.. Starting to love my body more and it's so confidence lifting ??

A little home remedie for my pain at home

Nothing makes me feel better than these two cuddle bugs.. ?? it's crazy to think that before my surgery I couldn't get them to stop jumping of me and now it's like they know now it's healing time; they're so gentle around me it's almost weird and honestly sometimes you just need a little snuggle and reassurance and yes even though they're "just dogs" they have been my rocks throughout all of this surgery.. It's weird to think about but I really feel like they're love and cuddles actually help me and my healing process. They give me such positive vibes and and I can promise you they are much better than any pain/depression medication.

Hit my 2 week Post Op Mark

Feeling good and healthy but I'm sure in some pain still! Wanted to keep anyone&everyone that wanted to stay updated on my healing process and how far I've come! Just have a question about if it's normal for my nipples to be this dark?

25 Days Post Op

So happy with my results from my Breast Reduction Mammoplasty! They get better and better daily and are healing rather fast in my opinion! I'm mostly sore around/on all my incisions and stuff which was expected! I can't tell you how much this sugary helped not only physically but mentally also! I'm confident and feel comfortable in my own skin now! I give this surgery and my surgeon, Dr. Benjamin Mandel, 5stars! Couldn't be happier with what I got!

Healing up :)

Feeling confident with the results! Here are some before and afters !!
Dr. Benjamin Mandel

My plastic surgeon Dr. Mandel was better than I could of asked for! He was very informative and easy to talk to! I felt so comfortable around him and was was very reassuring about everything and answered all of my questions very thoroughly!