29, 3 Kids 34D. Breast Augmentation - Belgium, BE

So I've got my surgery booked for the morning of...

So I've got my surgery booked for the morning of 31st July 2014 at clinic Beaucare in Belgium.
I'm not nervous just a bit excited. We've decided to go a day early via Eurostar and to stay at the campanile hotel and restaurant in Vilvoorde . We will be taking a taxi to get from A to B. So in total we will be staying for 3 nights. Hopefully this will help to take my mind of the op on the actual morning.

A day before the big day

All packed, my house is spotless and my sister has taken a week off from work to look after myself and the kids.
Just a few hours and We'll be in Belgium. We are going to do a bit of shopping and have a girly night-in so that I am up and ready early. I will also be booking the taxi from tonight to take me to clinic BeauCare in the morning.

Arrived in Belgium

So we missed our Eurostar because all the stupid machines to print our tickets were malfunctioning :( but the lady at the station was really nice, she got us booked on the next train to Belgium (which was leaving an hour later) :)
The taxis here are so expensive especially from the stations(€40). We ended up taking the train four stops from Brussels-midi to Vilvorde.
The hotel Campanile was less than two minutes walk from Vilvoorde station.
Really pleasant and clean place, the front of house was a guy called Marc (really lovely and very helpful) he loan us a steam iron and an adapted to charge my iPad for the duration of our stay.
As soon as we got our room key we went to explore lol
Found a lovely park just across front Vilvoorde station, a few bars, deli and a fast food restaurant called Quick (got served by a young man called Thomas) the food was really good not like disgusting McDonald's and Burger King. We went back to the hotel soon after to chill out and to call home to let them know that we arrived safely.

Four hours to go, the taxi will be here at 11am to take me to BeauCare. All goes well I'll be back at the hotel by 6pm btw the clinic is only two minutes drive from the hotel. *Wish me luck*

Day of my op

We took the taxi from the hotel to clinic BeauCare it took literally two minuets.
The clinic was absolutely spotless (it tooled like a really expensive hotel) the staff were really nice and welcoming and the all spoke English.
I changed into my robe and slippers and went in for my final consultation after 2pm with Dr Dirk Van Zele, really caring surgeon.

About 3pm I met the anaesthesiologist voiced my concerns, he was very reassuring. He had told me that I had to go to the toilet. And he took me to the operating theatre, where I was greater by my Surgeon and two nurses. The bed was heated and I was still very calm. The IV went in my arm the mask on my face.

The next thing that I remembered is being in the recovery room with blurred vision lol I was trying to read whatever I could see around me (which turned out to be two boxes of protective gloves, med and large lol). I also remembered my feet being sooooo cold. The nurse was constantly checking on me, I try to tell her that my feet were freezing buy the words weren't coming out. Eventually I manage to tell her and she got me an extra blanket.

Next we went in a lift and to a room with the lovely view of the garden. By 7pm i was in the taxi On my way back to the hotel.

That night I had only toast and tea for dinner because of the anaesthetic I didn't wanted to become sick.

Took my meds and went to sleep.

1 Day post op

In bed most of the day. Meds in full effect we managed to go to a restaurant for dinner. The pain wasn't as bad as a lot of people said on this website.

Checked out en-route London

We got the train from Vilvoorde to Brussels-Midi, we had 3 hours before our Eurostar departed. So we went shopping and a bite to eat :) soon after we were back on home soil.
All is well I feel great, taking my meds

5 days post op

All is well. The only complain I have is that I still have to sleep in the upright position and when I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the loo, the pain kicks in, obviously I'm asleep when the next set of meds are due.

However as long as I take my paracetamol and ibuprofen on time I'm ok. Washing myself just needed help with doing my back and creaming my skin, lol

Seriously the pain is not that bad considering the implants are placed sub-muscular.

This as I call it 'iron clad bra' didn't like it at first but now I'm appreciating what it actually does. ;)

Recovering 8 days post op

So I'm taking less pain meds actually 1 paracetamol about 4 time a day. Only for the pain I am feeling in the side of my right breast. (I dunno if it is because I am right handed).

Whenever I remove the 'iron clad bra' to take a shower after about 5 mins I start to feel that sharp pain in the side do my right breast.
I am walking in the garden and I even went to my corner shop 2 days ago with the help of my niece, thank good. It's only no I'm realising how everyone on the streets are always in an hurry to get somewhere, never slowing down or actually paying attention do what's In front of them. (Crazy). I kept saying to my Niece "I'll walk by the wall and you can be on my right side so no one can barge me. (Super scared)

I know I needs rest my body is telling me to so that's what I'll do, besides I am off work till 3rd of Sept. So I have got the time, I Just need to keep my blood pressure under 100 (my kids are always arguing over toy, tv, iPad you name it. Lol
But my health is very important to me, and I'll only do the minimum like my surgeon said.

No Meds stitches removed boobs looking good

I went to my doctors yesterday to get my stitches removed. She said that the stitches were perfectly done you could hardly tell that there were two incisions there.

She also commented that my breasts looked really natural and if I hadn't told her that I had them done she never would have known :)

I stop taking the meds about 3 to 4 days ago, I'm feeling a lot better actually things are starting to feel normal again.

I do still find that when I removed the "ironclad bra" to go the shower after about five minutes I start to feel a bit of pain. Is this normal???

But overall I'm so very very happy I don't have "boob greed" I'm loving what I've got. (They are just going to look better and better as time goes by.

4 weeks post op

I seriously miss sleeping flat on my back, belly or even my side (I miss being able to sleep full stop)

So I've been online looking at post surgery bras and I've found that M&S does the best ones, you can get measured and and if they don't have the size you required they'll order if in for you plus there's no VAT on surgery bras :)

I am a 34D....finally after 4 years of planning, I took the plunge (no pun intended)

Just waiting on my delivery now. Will upload pics as and when.

15 weeks post op

I am so I love with my boobs :)
Dr Dirk Van Zele

My surgeon was Dr Dirk Van Zele, he was very professional he answered all my questions. made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. He was also very polite. and has a lot of years of experience of being A plastic surgeon. I have recommended him to loads of people because i had such a Brilliant experience at CILINIC BEAUCARE