Had Gastric Bypass at 21 - Cleveland, OH

I always grew up on the heavy side, and after high...

I always grew up on the heavy side, and after high school i grew very big. My heaviest weight was 352. I prepared myself through the hospitals program required before the surgery. It wasn't very hard, eating plans, losing weight on my own (slowly), seeing a psychiatrist, going to meetings for people that have and have not had the surgery. Going in I couldn't eat for two weeks, just a liquid diet. After the surgery, i tried to walk as much as possible. I got sent home from the hospital and i was on the diet and i stuck to it. As i was farther out from the surgery i experimented with new foods to see what i could handle. this period had a lot of puking. As I learned how to handle my body, I watched myself lose 100 pounds in 4 months. Total i lost 170 pounds in a year. I have maintained my weight for over a year now. Its a lot of mental work that goes into this process because for myself i thought food was part of my life. I understand that having extra skin is a long with the process. My lowest weight was 163. my stable weight for over a year has been exactly 180. After two years of having the surgery i had a incisional hernia, and went into an emergency surgery. This was the worst pain of my life, i dont even remember this being an option to happen, but i understand its a precaution from my previous surgery. I have a lot more confidence, my anxiety has almost disappeared, and i just feel like i have bettered my life.

Gastric bypass at 21

New photo
Cleveland Bariatric Surgeon

my experience with the staff and the entire program before surgery was amazing. i liked every person i met, they are all there to help you.