Facing Probable Permanent Facial Paralysis, Dr. Alam Performed a Miracle on Me! - Cleveland Clinic, OH

I was born with a Lymphangioma on my left neck,...

I was born with a Lymphangioma on my left neck, under my ear. During a routine check up as an adult with a new ENT, the doctor recommended aspirating it to reduce the size. Against my better judgement, I allowed him to do it...unfortunately, he hemorrhaged a blood vessel during the office procedure. Within hours my Lymphangioma exploded to 20 times its size leaving me in excruciating pain and full facial paralysis on my left side. It engulfed in blood so fast that my skin didn't have time to accommodate it's size and stretched until my skin was paper thin.

After seeing several specialists in my state and surgeons with a large cancer institute, I could not find anyone who was familiar with such an event. Originally being from the Northeast, I had visited the Cleveland Clinic since birth with regard to my tumor. Currently living in Florida, I made the drive back to the Cleveland Clinic and met Dr. Alam. I was terrified since cases of adults with these tumors are very rare, but Dr. Alam actually had more experience with them than 99% of surgeons worldwide. I felt completely safe with him from the first consultation and surgery was scheduled.

Dr. Alam truly saved my life, saved my face, and my paralysis resolved. I now have a very faint, albeit long, scar from the back of my ear to the middle of my throat. The tumor has never returned and I hope it never does. I can never tell you what Dr. Alam did for me and the expertise he exhibited. He is an amazing surgeon.
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon