Rhinoplasty- Third Time Lucky! Claremont, WA

I am 36 years old and I have always had less than...

I am 36 years old and I have always had less than perfect nasal breathing & a nose that I felt was just that little bit too big for my face.

In 2004 I had a septoplasty performed by an ENT surgeon in the UK. Unfortunately, not only did my breathing fail to improve, but I ended up with a wonky bump on one side. Up until that point I was never particularly bothered by my nose & whilst I started to dislike it more after the procedure I was far too scared to consider any further surgery.

In 2014 I decided that I would give things another go, the asymmetry was now annoying me. I was living on the Gold Coast & decided to go with a local plastic surgeon (Dr Craig Layt).His bedside manner was appalling, he told me he "hates nose patients" and when I asked him if he does a decent number of rhinoplasties to ensure appropriate surgical skill and a successful outcome, he replied "ask most people on the Coast who they go to to get their breast augmentation-they come to me." I beg your pardon Dr Layt, but I didn't ask about a boob job, I'm here to discuss a rhinoplasty. Did you not understand me?It's almost like a gynaecologist saying that because they are able to perform a hysterectomy, they can perform brain surgery too!
I should have walked away here, but I foolishly didn't and ended up going ahead with surgery- big mistake.
Whilst in recovery after the surgery I couldn't breath and I honestly thought I was going to die. With audible stridor (noisy upper airways obstruction) I had to be put back to sleep for airway management. I don't actually know what happened & probably never will, but suffice to say it was a horrible experience.
During the recovery period I was bruised beyond belief, nothing like I had ever seen on the Internet. I could barely open my eyes the swelling was so intense, I also had a bloodshot eye and even significant bruising on the buccal aspect of my upper lip. Such was the insult of the surgery I was also bed bound for well over 1 week with intense headaches, nausea and general debility. This I understand was not normal. The surgeon did even ask or see how I was doing post op after the airway problem.
The surgical result was also disappointing. My nose tip drooped and I had a prominent dorsal hump that wasn't there before. My breathing was also worse. I was pretty upset and given the surgeons disgraceful bedside manner, I refused to return for further follow ups- I didn't want to pay him another cent.

I was prepared to go anywhere in the country to ensure review by a competent surgeon. After relocating to Perth I came across Dr Imani who is dual qualified in both ENT and Plastic Surgery (ie exceptionally skilled and knowledgable in any form of nose surgery)
At my initial consultation Dr Imani was fantastic. He listen diligently to my concerns and we talked in depth about all the potentially correctable aspects. Whilst he acknowledged that my nose had a fair bit wrong with it, including a persistent septal deviation, he never once criticised my previous surgeons (the mark of a truly professional surgeon).
I felt totally comfortable with him.
The surgery went brilliantly too. My recovery was quick and went without a glitch. I had minimal bruising and didn't experience the extreme debility that I did with the previous surgery.
Whilst the nose was very swollen when the cast came off, it significantly improved over the course of the following week. I am now only 5 weeks post op, but already delighted with the result. I have a new smaller nose that fits perfectly with my face. I no longer have the droop or hump either. It is almost miraculous what Dr Imani has done. Not only has he modified my nose beautifully, but he has critically and very artistically given me the perfect nose for my face!
Indeed, even a good friend of mine who is a cosmetic doctor in Perth/Karratha, is also astounded by the results, particularly given I was a difficult revision case, which carried with it a substantially higher risk of complication or a sub satisfactory result.

I am absolutely delighted. I can only praise Dr Imani & would highly recommend him.

Outstanding nose job by Dr Pedram Imani

I have achieved a result better than I could ever have dreamed of. My nose is literally perfect.
Dr Imani is an artist, an exceptional surgeon and so much more!

Pre-op comparison photos

Pre-op pictures

PRE-OP Dr Imani (post op Dr Layt)

Over projected, hooked nose with NEW dorsal hump following Dr Layt surgery. REVOLTING!

Dr Imani: Post op profile 2

Fabulous post op result by Dr Imani

Post op profile

Another profile 4 mths post op

Professional, great bedside manner & immense surgical skill