BBL Via Lip with Tania Medina-Santo Domingo. Dominican Republic, DO

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

George arrived on time to pick me up from the...

George arrived on time to pick me up from the airport, he had a sign with my name on it. I'd recommend getting his phone number from the assistants. He's short and appears to be a very nice guy.

I arrived at the Clinic straight from the airport, and stayed there between 5-6 hours, which seem extreme and quite annoying. Everyone was extremely nice and kind. Shortly after, I was driven by another gentlemen to the x-ray center and I was exhausted by this point since my sx was at 5 a.m. the next day. After the x-ray center, I was driven to the RH-Serenity.

I ate a small portion of food at the recovery house, showered and went to sleep. At 5:30 a.m., on Oct. 25th, a different gentlemen picked me up and drove me to the clinic. I was handed some paper work in spanish in error to complete about the surgery since I looked Dominican. I then told the clerk I didn't understand spanish, she apologized and gave me the correct form. Shortly after, I got my blood drawn by a nurse who didn't seem to know how to place a iv in my hand, she didn't use gloves and blood gushed everywhere. She begin wiping the blood off my arm and floor and proceeded to work again with the iv before I stopped her demanding that she use gloves. This particular waiting area could have been a bit more tidy for I observed old blood stains on bedding.

Dr. Medina arrived shortly to take some pictures, and to mark the lipo areas. She gave me a blue pill, then escorted me to a room where they gave me an epidural. I'm not sure what happened; but, I woke up briefly for a moment either before the surgery and they had to switch the iv from my right hand to my left hand. I didn't wake up during the surgery or feel a great deal of pain the day of surgery or the next day.

The overnight next never washed her hands after using the bathroom and she figured it was ok to touch me post. I didn't say much for I was pretty much helpless after surgery. She left in the morning and prepared me to speak with Dr. Medina and get ready for Anne to perform my massage.

Again, I was fortunate for I wasn't in a lot of pain the next morning after surgery. Anne removed my bloody faja and placed another one on me after the massage and cat bath. The nurses their have poor bedside manners and almost never came to my aid when I called them for breakfast and such. They even gave me oatmeal after I told them I had a gluten intolerance. Fortunately, I caught the issue and realized the oatmeal looked pretty different that it is in the states and that it might contain gluten.

I went downstairs and Lauren took the $312.00 from my credit card after telling me that she would only take $300 for lipo on the thighs. The day of the surgery, my butt looked amazing, mainly due to swelling. A gentlemen dropped me off at the RH and no one from the clinic advised me on my next appointment or post opp care. I also read somewhere or was advised that Medina only perform two surgeries a day, I know for a fact two other women had surgeries on the same day as mine.

Two days later a girl from my RH had an appt to go visit Medina; so, I went with her for my first follow up. The ladies there, especially, Lauren was no longer nice. After they take your money, the customer service and friendliness declines big time. You feel more like a number because theres a vast quantity of women waited in the clinic to me seen, they are disorganized and no one gives you information on the next steps.

On Friday, I advised Medina and Loren that I was unhappy with my bbl and that I didn't think Medina Lipoed my thighs bc they weren't painful like the other areas where I had lip. I was about 145lbs pre sx and I believed I was too small for the surgery. Medina in my opinion deceived me and said that I had enough fat which Im sure I didn't. My stomach did shrink and the outcome is much better than my bbl, which I see absolutely no difference. My stomach is also uneven in the front as they say it will go down. To date it hasn't.

The clinic tries very hard to nickel and dime you for everything; so, please be prepared to spend at least $500 more than disclosed. I saw Medina one more time before leaving and she informed me to wait 6 months to see my final results. Again, I had to call them and ask when was my next appt. She was very quick and crude. I also signed disclosures to not put me on her social media and of course she did anyway. She failed to apologize and told me that I should have told her. I informed her that she must be performing surgeries w/o reading the privacy agreement bc I checked no in reference to publicizing my results.

After seeing her I explained to both her and Loren for the last time, I explained that I needed to go to the airport as I arrived with all my luggage to head home. I 'm assuming they weren't upset that I expressed my issues with the unpleasant care and service, the told the driver to take me back to the RH instead of the airport. I'm assuming they tried to make me miss my flight. The driver told me that I didn't pay $100 for transportation and that someone from the RH should take me to the airport. I was not getting out of the car because I was just ready to come home by this point. So, I demanded he call George and they apologized and took me to the airport.

Also, Medina refuses and still refuses to this day to provide me the a medical record to confirm what was done to me. I asked them for the records after leaving the clinic and they said they would arrive in 5 days via mail. Its almost a month from my surgery, and each time I asked them for the records they said they have to request them. Marielle is great and seems to be the only geniune organized person at her office who cares about the patients.

Stomach -2 months

My stomach is still swollen and slightly uneven; but, getting better...I'm still pretty insecure about my butt ( especially in clothes) I'll post a pic a little later.

2 Months Post

Pictures of the backside

I can't take any pictures without clothes due to some conspicuous artwork; however, my butt looks a tad bit better than before without clothes...I'd rate it a 2 or 3 out of 10 without clothes and a 2 with clothes
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon