Discouraged. Cincinnati, OH

I had a full facelift with neck liposuction....

I had a full facelift with neck liposuction. Additionally I had co2 laser resurfacing around my mouth. I'm on my 3rd day post op and my mouth is so swollen I can barely get it open to eat or drink. It is still oozing terrible with no signs of healing. From what I've read it sounds like I had a more invasive lasering and the healing time will take longer. I'm trying to be patient,but I haven't seen any improvement in oozing or swelling. I'm following strict Drs orders on spraying my face with luckewarm water and patting Crisco on burned are (yes, Crisco). The Crisco is cheap and soothing.

Can I get some timeline as to when I will finally turn a corner and start healing? I'm feeling very discouraged at the moment.

Discouraged round 2

11 days post op. Skin is healing nicely around mouth. No more oozing. Yay. Still red but I expected that. I had facelift as well and skin is very tight. I have a lump (more like a little shelf) on right side neck area with bruising and lump. (See pic) Dr said it was a hematoma and thinks it will resolve on its own within 2 months. I still look like a chipmunk and I have a crooked smile (see pic) I do not look like myself. I realize it is only 11 days. It I can't help but worry a bit. Still afraid to go out. Will swelling continue to go down daily? And will I get my smile back??

Getting better

13 days post op. Still swollen a little like chipmunk cheeks. It is going down little by little. Redness in lasered area is more pink. Skin is very soft and smooth. Left side of neck looking nice!! Nice jaw line!! No problems there!! But then the right side. Still lump and bad bruise. I think (optimism here) it is going down. But I worry when this lump resolves what will skin look like there? Will it be flappy????
I can't wait to get all stitches out, wear make up (and sunscreen) and enjoy my rejuvenated look!!! This is definitely a journey not a marathon as they say....

By the way I am a 60 year old female. I think the longer you wait after 50 the more difficult it is. but. No regrets yet!!

2 weeks post op

Decided to venture out today and wear makeup. Hard to cover the pinkish/red skin. Anyone have makeup recos?? I feel time and patience is key. As long as I see a little improvement every day I am encouraged. I've attached a few pics.

2.5 months post op - very happy!

I am so happy with my results. I still have minor swelling and a little bump on right side of neck. It isn't even noticeable. Of course now I wish I would have had my eyes done!! Even though it was very scary (don't kid yourself!), it was definitely worth it. I'm 61 and feel like I look maybe 51??? Can I say I look 10 years younger?? :-)

4 months PO

Love my results. Trying to post before pics and current pic

10 months post op

it's been 10 months - so hard to believe. Still loving the results! I'm told I absolutely do not look 61!! By several men in particular. It's great for the ego. I hope it lasts a long time -- I doubt I will ever do it again - mostly because of the cost. I splurged this one time and can't spend that kind of money regularly!! Here are some before pics and current picture. Best of luck to all of you!! You were my lifeline!!
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr mandall brown and his staff are exceptional. Very caring and accommodating. The anesthesiologist was really good. She was very concerned because I have a history of Nausea and vomiting after surgery. She made sure that didn't happen. She was wonderful.