42 & 5kids - Chicago, IL

I've been contemplating surgery for years! 5...

I've been contemplating surgery for years! 5 kids, 2 C-cections, weight Lois and she took a Took a toll on my body, so I finally bit the bullet today and got a Tummy tuck! I don't know what I look like yet but my experience was wonderful! Dr. Shifrin and his surgery team are top notch! Posting b4 pics, will post the afters soon!

1 Day after surgery.

3 weeks out

It has been a little over 3 weeks and I am slowly getting back to normal. I am finally able to stand more erect! I'm not 100% yet but I can stand for long periods of time at a position that dose not cause me back pain anymore! I am swollen, my muscles still feel tight and my stomach is still numb in some areas. These are all a normal part of the recovery.

6 weeks post op

Still swollen and numb but feeling great. I use bio oil on my scar which has helped it heal very nicely. I also wear a compression garment and a waist trainer which has helped reduce a lot of my swelling. Overall, I am very pleased with my results.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic experience! The entire surgery team was AWSOME. You are definitely in Great hands with Dr. Shifrin!