Feeling Good! - Chicago, IL

I've wanted this forever. I think I've wanted to...

I've wanted this forever. I think I've wanted to do this since I first broke my nose playing sports when I was 14. I remember the paramedic saying "yep its broken but we can't really do anything about it" then he turned around and asked my friends if it was that crooked before and everyone started laughing. Fast forward 10 years later and a few more impacts to the nose, and art this point I reallllly wanted a correction. I looked into other top docs but they were all egotistical and didn't listen to me at all. Even though the morphs that other doctors showed me looked good, I didn't feel comfortable with anyone until I meet with dr. Shah.

I had surgery on may 20th 2016. I'm still in a cast but I can already tell I'm going to love it if it's anywhere close to what it looks like in the cast. I actually can't stop looking at it even in the cast and being so happy that I actually took the steps to improve my nose and make myself happy.

Maybe because I'm a guy I'm not overly critical of this tiny angle or this imperfection, but mainly I think it's because I was going for improvement and not perfection. I really wasn't going to write a review until I Came on here and saw the last few reviews were somewhat negative. The other most recent one was written 2 weeks after surgery and she claims shah botched the operation! Jesus , c'mon woman, you know this surgery takes a year to show results and you're blasting a top surgeon because your face ,that was just deeply cut into , isn't immediately perfect? Wow what a bisnat$&.

Anyway I really wanted to stick up for dr shah and leave a positive review that would give honest info to anyone considering this. Realize that noooooone likes to leave rhinoplasty reviews or even admit you had it done. Most reviews are left because the person is unhappy, or uneducated about what results they should be expecting and when. None of the patents I met that look great left a review (at least I haven't seen them on here and I have read EVERY Shah review).

More pics

These are for everyone that thought my review was fake. For some reason I have also read that a lot of shah reviews are fake. This one isn't. I was surprised at how many responses I got about my review being fake...so if you still doubt it then I don't know what to tell you.

Cast off!

Look who got their cast off mothafuckkkkkaaaaaaass.....I was so amazed how good it looks, I mean it's lumpy and totally swollen but still...if you look at my nose before, wow huuuuge difference. I was really worried about getting the cast off because some people looked absolutely terrible , uneven swelling, uneven nostrils, etc...I was expecting tons of asymmetry bit nope, just a little but of frumpyNess, and swelling throughout, but I can tell once it all goes down I'll have my dream nose. I had tons of worried ass questions ready to ask today, but totally went blank once the cast came off. I didn't even ask any of my questions, the doc and I just shother the shit about his world travels and sports...love this guy. I asked if there was anything I could do for him since he totally changed my life and he said no need, "this is just humans helping each other" wow what a great guy. I think he realizes he could charge double and people would still pay, but he does this out of a philanthropic aspect as well. I would whole heartedly recommend this guy to anyone willing to cough up the dough, time, and go through some pain ha.

I'm an idiot

Im about 10 days post op and last night I thought it would be a good idea to pull on a scab I thought was naturally coming out of my nostril. I am a dumb ass because I pulled out stitches. Not one but like 3 clumped together with a scab, sooooo Im not sure if I destroyed my nose, but so far today it hasn't fallen apart. I looked it up and it seems like I may be OK, but I was definitely scared, and pissed, I thought I wasted all this time and money. Nose looks good though, and seems like noone notices it as a big change.. ...my best friend didn't really even notice until I got in his face with it.

I'm dying not being able to do anything though...no sun, no soccer, no weights, no motorcycle riding, no salt, no fighting, I also forgot to tell Dr shah I wear glasses when I drive, so I haven't been wearing those either...oh yeah no smoking...suuuuuucks, I'm down to 2-3 cigarettes a day, but yeah even that's bad apparently....I didn't realize how active I was before I had this surgery, now it feels like I'm coddling a baby on my face.

2 weeks now...

It's exactly 2 weeks post op....I'm scared of destroying this thing, but last night I was able to start breathing out of it a little, also I don't think the taping at night is helping. The tape leaves residue on my face that I have to scrub off every morning, and I don't like being rough with the nose! Anyway, here's some pics...
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon