33 Year Old, 1 C-section. On the flatside, ready to enhance these results by hitting the gym.

Every since having my daughter almost 10 years ago...

Every since having my daughter almost 10 years ago via C-sesection, I wanted a Tummy tuck. Saved my money and went for a consultation about 8yrs ago and was told by the plastic surgeon that I was too young and might want to have more children. Needless to say I didn't get the tummy tuck then. All I can say is thanks to that surgeon he was being a considerate professional and he left the door open for me to meet Dr. Kim. Dr.Kim is an awesome and compassionate surgeon who knows his stuff. He gavr me straight forward and easily understood answers to all my questions. The day of surgery I was joking with my husband saying that they are going to have to give me extra sedative to get me back to the OR. From the time Dr. Kim walked in the door until I was being discharged from recovery I felt, relaxed, well informed and confident in my care. In addition, I don't think Dr. Kim knows this but, I recently finished a graduate program and had the privilege of being a member of the surgical team for a procedure he was performing. He behaved very professionally, upheld the patient's integrity although the person was under anesthesia and did a phenomenal job. With that being said, if you want a surgeon that is compassionate, an artist and very knowledgable Dr. Kim is the guy.

12 days PO

So I'm still very happy with my results. I'm still swollen, my drain was removed 5days ago and the drain site is healing well. When I eat I get full really fast and seem to have to have a bowel movement within a hour of eating (no complaints with that) :) Excited about the weeks to come.
I'm still hunched over after walking for more than 30 minutes due to abdominal muscle spasms. Taking an extra week off work, was suppose to return this Wednesday. So lucky to have a great support system. Will continue to update, happy healing:)

more preop pics for comparison

Can't wait to get back in the gym

more preop pics

Can't wait to get back in the Gym!

pics

front view b4

Sorry the site is giving me trouble posting pic

2weeks post op

Playing around with 2 piece swim suit. I still have swelling although less than it was. Need to figure something out for the strecth marks (bio oil, mederma??).

belly button drama

So at day 16 post op I had my hubby take a close up of my belly button since it continued to drain. It wasn't malordorous, painful or reddened so I figured it was part of the healing process. Afterseeing the pic I was freakedout! It was swollen, multiple colors and just looked funky. I called my ps office and emailed pics. Had an appointment the next day, I love how responsive the staff are. The next day I went in and was told that my dissolvable stitches hadn't dissolved and were causing inflammation and bruising. The nurse clipped the stitches and said it would stop draining in 3_4days. Since the appointment I have been watching it closely and taking daily pics. I keep it clean and covered. It has shown some improvement but not there yet. My incision is closed and not draining at all. At about day 4 as predicted no drainage. I'm doing wet to dry dressing as it seems to be the most appropriate for situation. Pics r not nice and look worst due to the nice photo enhancing camera phones. But it still looks creepy in person too, just not as vibrantly colored.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Such an awesome ps who is compassionate, very knowlegable and a true artist. Great experience from preop visit to recovery. Looking forward to Dr. Kim providing me with my postop/recovery care also.