Save Your Money for Injectables And/or Surgery.

I am 52 years old. I've had Botox and filler for...

I am 52 years old. I've had Botox and filler for the past 5 years or so with good results.

I saw the Silhouette Instalift profiled on Good Morning America with a well known plastic surgeon here in Chicago. I decided this was a perfect procedure for me. The price of the procedure "starts at $3000" according to the GMA story.

I went to see this very doctor for a consult that was $250 (deducted from procedure if I went ahead with it). He told me and I quote, "you are the perfect person for this procedure." He did not mention doing any other procedures in conjunction with the Silhouette Instalift.

The reason he said I was the "perfect candidate" is because I have nice skin and very early signs of sagging (aka jowls). Reflecting back on that consult appointment, I didn't ask enough questions. I should've asked to see Before and After pics and I should've asked about the possibility of getting no results....because that's what I got....no results....or results so subtle that you'd never spend $4500 for something that no one can see.

I scheduled the appointment. The procedure itself, after getting several uncomfortable numbing shots all around my jawline, was relatively painless. I looked hella weird right after the procedure, but the swelling and puncture marks went down within hours. I didn't bruise. I was out and about the next day wearing makeup.

It's now been almost two weeks since the procedure. I see no results. I still have the mild sag that I wanted to get rid of. I realize this is not surgery -- but really? No results or results so minor that I can't see them at all and not one person has mentioned anything about how I look? Certainly not worth $4500.

I also paid $1200 for a syringe of Dysport for my elevens-- which is appalling.

I follow up with him in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing I'm s--- out of luck since I do remember one line of the last minute liability release I signed minutes before my procedure that stated -- "may not have any results." Do not waste your money on this procedure. You will get better results with injectables.

After I go to the follow-up appointment I will post pics. I took a before pic and took the same pic at the same time of day in the same location of my home. In a side by side you can see there's no difference.

I am heartbroken about spending that much money because I don't have it. Poop.

Still looking for results....

I keep thinking maybe some magical collagen fairy will wake me up one morning and I could see something for my $4500. Nope. Nothing. Sometimes I think I even look worse. I go back to see doc for follow-up on December 9. If he doesn't give me some explanation, a refund, some free filler...something for the nothing that I got -- I am going to shout his name to the rooftops as far as I can so that no one else wastes their hard earned money on this nonsense. Ladies.....stick with botox and filler. They work. It's proven. Do not....I repeat....do not waste your money on a Silhouette Instalift. The only lift you'll get is money being lifted from your wallet.
Dr. Not Going To Say Right Now