Incredible Skill! - Chicago, IL

After finally having insurance for the first time...

After finally having insurance for the first time in many years, I decided to take the initiative to find out what I can do about my much despised nose. I had a VERY complicated case, as it turns out. My right nostril was 100% occluded, I had two fractures - one on each side, and the cartilage was disconnected from the bone - the most difficult part of it all. So, it was pretty clear from the start that it wouldn't be a quick and easy fix. He pretty much had to amputate my septum and reattach it to fix the deviation, fractures were fixed, cartilage was MIRACULOUSLY reconnected to bone (I still don't know how he did that.) Post op, swelling was pretty bad, I had some pretty nasty black eyes, and my right nasal bone had floated out a bit. When it didn't seem like it would settle back in anymore after the swelling went down, we did two different in-office procedures. After a lot of time and patience, the bump was gone. In time for my wedding, no less! All's well that ends well. Keep in mind, my case is not at all the typical!! I read a ton of reviews on Realself as I prepared myself for the procedure. One thing that I noticed is that it it seems like most people have very minor fixes when they have a rhinoplasty. Therefore, their recovery time is very different from what I experienced.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shah was the first and last doctor that I met with on the matter. I was that positive about him! Dr. Shah was the first and last doctor I met with on the matter. I was that confident! I honestly don't think I would have had the same incredible result with any other doctor, and I feel fortunate that I came across his name. He explained everything that needed explaining, made sure all my questions were answered, and of course did a marvelous job! Office staff was great to work with as well. Definitely plan to schedule ahead of time, as he is booked up in advanced. I also moved out of state eventually, and we were able to have follow up appointments over Skype. All follow up appointments/procedures are included in the price, I paid out of pocket $6,000 for procedure ($3,000), facility & anesthesia fee ($3,000 - Normally it's $2,588 but my procedure went over the time allotted). The rest was covered by insurance, thankfully. His skills are incredible, and I'm positive that I would not have had the same result with any other doctor. It can be pretty scary since it's a huge step and it involves the first thing people see. I didn't go into it with the idea that it would be a quick and easy fix, since I knew my nose was pretty damaged from the start. Regardless, I felt confident that it would turn out alright in end and that I just needed to give it time and patience.