FACELIFT SPECIALIST- Chicago, IL

59 years old, time for facelift. Wanted a Plastic...

59 years old, time for facelift. Wanted a Plastic Surgeon who Specializes in Facelift surgery - which took some time to find. I interviewed three specialists and chose Dr. Shah. Glad I did. I did not do full facelift but did not do a "mini lift" either as there really is no such thing. In our long and comprehensive consultation, Dr Shah and I talked extensively about what I wanted and why. We talked about the particulars of my face. Because my face is thin, I was concerned that a facelift would accentuate the thinness. Dr Shah suggested fat transfer to my cheeks. I had some questions and concerns about fat transfer. We had a lengthy discussion which convinced me that it would be a benefit. I ended up having almost a full facelift and neck lift. Why I decided upon Dr Shah: I had just come from a consultation with the second specialist who I was convinced I would choose. Because I had my consultation with Dr Shah on the same day, I decided I might as well go. So I met with Dr Shah, already having the idea I was most likely going to choose the previous Doctor. I was not wowed by Dr Shah at first. As we talked, I came to understand why he would be the best choice. His answers to all my questions and our general discussion was a reflection of him as a Surgeon. Precise, thorough, calm, gentle, compassionate, almost OCD (his own description of himself). Also, he teaches! Very very important. Our consultation was more like an education, teacher to student. It was non rushed and I when I left, I felt like all my questions and concerns had been addressed. In addition, Dr Shah's prices are the most affordable of any and all doctors in the Chicago area, even though he is located at WaterTower. He is a down to earth, gifted, happy soul. I am three weeks post op, still have a little swelling and tightness. I have experienced my recovery just as Dr Shah said it would go, though I am more sensitive than others, so my healing has been a bit uncomfortable and very manageable. I can start exercising - yay! And as Dr Shah tells me, "listen to your body" in this healing time (so I don't overdo it). His staff and office is a reflection of him - open, kind, thorough, efficient, happy. Feel free to contact me with any questions.
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon