My Experience- Artas Robotic Hair Transplant- Just Did 3300 Grafts-April 2015. Chicago, IL

It took me years to get convinced to do this...

It took me years to get convinced to do this procedure. It was the Artas no-strip technology that finally convinced me enough to look into this . Then I searched all relevant websites to find the right Doctor. I checked out Doctors in Chicago, New York, Texas, California...who were all famous and been multiple times on TV/Youtube, etc. However, I chose Dr. Gregory A. Turowski from Chicago. I had a positive feeling about him after checking out his website and speaking with him. His great credentials, knowledge and confidence was very impressive to me. He was also very confident of his team and that's why he is one of few doctors who can transplant over 3000 grafts in one day.
It was also important to me that he was a real Surgeon Doctor-MD. I wanted to deal with some one well qualified and good reputation to hopefully have a better experience and outcome. This was my first ever hair transplant and although we have to wait for the outcome, but Dr. Turowski and his team treated me well and so far things have gone as he had explained it would. So, just did this 4 days ago and I am very satisfied so far.

More Before and after Pictures-(3300 Grafts transplant by Dr. Turowski using Artas Robotic Hair Transplant-April 2015. Chicago,

As you can tell by my pictures (taken 4.6.15 which was 5th day after procedure), my scalp seem to be healing well. Still some sore spots / tender skin. But much more comfortable and was able to take regular shower (used less presser water and massaged shampoo very gently with my index & middle fingers.

9th day post Surgery- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski-Chicago, IL

Here you see more images i have taken today which is the 9th day post surgery. My scalp as you can see still red a bit, it feels tender in still feels some discomfort, but it looks like it is healing. I was told the soreness/tenderness could last up to a few weeks. I took regular shower today (low pressure water) and paper towel dried my scalp. Since yesterday, I am also massaging my scalp with Olive oil (just massage and leave it there for a while and then shampoo), this was recommended by my Dr's office.

13th day post Surgery-ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski-Chicago, IL

Update-4.14.2015-Today is the 13th day post surgery. As pictures shows my scalp is healing pretty good. I still have some sore spots/numbness but getting better and better everyday. The updated pictures that I just added were taken today. I sent these pictures to Dr. Turowski and asked for his thought. He said "everything looks just like it should be or better. It is normal to have some sore spots..." I will update again in a few days.

25th day post Surgery- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski-Chicago, IL

today 4.26.2015 is the 25th day post surgery (just added some photos-taken today) :
Till about a week ago, i felt that my healing progress was good but since then i feel a bit more irritation and more redness on my scalp (specially the donor area. This is noticeable when comparing the new pictures to photos posted last time.) specially since the numbness is almost all gone, I can feel the irritation more. I am not in pain and doing okay overall, however the back and even the sides of my head (the donor area) get irritated when I put it on pillow at night (touching any fabric irritates it) so i try to deal with it and at night I try to position myself in a way that my forehead be on the pillow and not the donor area.
Other changes: Numbness is almost all gone. I have also noticed couple of hair falling out from the recipient area but not a whole lot.
I am not an expert and this is my first procedure, so I was a bit concern that within the last week or so my healing has taken a step back and have a bit more irritation and redness. So, a few days ago, I sent an email with some pictures to Dr. Turowski expressing my concern, but i did not hear back from him. After two days, I then contacted his Lead tech person. She called me and gave me some advice which i am following. (for example, i had just switched to regular shampoo, which should be okay but she said for now go back to the shampoo & conditioner that was provided by the doctor office.)

25th day post Surgery-ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski-Chicago, IL

sorry here are the rest of the pictures

5 Weeks Update-Hair growing!- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

Update-5.7.2015-It is now 5 weeks post surgery. The pictures added now were taken yesterday. Since my last update I got a hair cut and the very short hair keep my scalp cooler and less irritated. I feel that not only i am healing i am also growing hair already! I did not loose a lot of the transplanted hair (at least not yet), which is not the case for most people. Most people loose it in the first few weeks. I was worried about that, but doing research as well as asking my Doctor, they were telling me that this is actually a good thing and should help for better result. In fact, i sent these new photos to Dr. Turowski and asked him to let me know how am i doing/healing since this is my first time and not sure how i should be at this stage. He replied that he thinks i am doing really well, healing and very lucky to have a lot of hair growth with many more to come. He also thought that my donor site looks good as well and the remaining redness & itchiness should gradually go away in the weeks to come.
So, i just have to be patient. It feels great driving the car windows down letting air blow on the scalp.
(just FYI: last 2 pics taken with Flash)

3 Months Update-Hair growing!- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

3 Months Update-7.1.2015- It is 3 months today since my Hair Transplant Surgery by Dr. Turowski. In the past few weeks, I have continued using Biotin 5000 mcg and have also applied Rogain daily. In addition to that I have also applied and massaged the recipient area with Olive Oil (2-4 times a week for about 20-30 minutes then washed). As for irritation, I try to stay out of the sun and wear hat, but it is summer and hot weather irritate the scalp a bit, however less irritation on recipient area now but still some irritation on sides and back. I keep cutting my hair weekly to keep it short because it feels cooler and gets less irritated. So, Waiting for all transplanted hairs to come out.

4 Months Update-Hair growing!- ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

4 months update-8.1.2015- It is 4 months now and i am noticing some new hair and hoping for more in the upcoming months. Doctor Turowski had told me that from 90 days post surgery up to 9-12 months after i could notice more and more new hair and they would continue to grow, so that is what I am hoping for. So far so good! I am still on daily dosage of Biotin 5000mcg. I am still using Olive oil every couple of days to massage the recipient area with. As for irritation, well it is summer time and the Donor area, although not as much, but still get irritated (you can notice some of the red irritated spots on the photos). So, I am keeping my hair short to keep it cool.

6 Months Update(10.2.2015)ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

This is a new update-about 6 months after procedure- these new pictures were taken on 10.2.2015 (The procedure was done on 4.1.2015). For the 1st 4 months i kept my hair very short to keep it cool prevent any irritation, but since last update of 2 months ago, i have let my hair grow. I use a good shampoo and still treat my hair once a week with Olive Oil. I sent my pictures first to Dr.Turowski and asked for his input, he was kind to respond. He replied: "you are doing terrific big difference from the last set. Obviously you are going to continue to grow more hair, this is just 6 months." So far i am very satisfied with my procedure.

7 Months Update(10.31.2015)ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

This is a new update -10.31.2015-All pictures taken today-You can notice improvements shown in the pictures-I am happy with my results and they should get even better. I am still taking Biotin 5000mcg.

9 Months Update(1.1.2016)ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

9 months update.

10 Months Update(1.31.2016)ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

This is 10 Months update. I am happy with my result and hoping by April it would look even better (It would be one full year since my procedure)

1 Year Update(April 2016)ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant-3300 grafts done by Dr. Turowski

Photos taken April 2016 which is 1 year after surgery. Looking good and happy i did it. Very satisfied.
(sorry everyone, it took me a while to update the photos, thank you all)
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Turowski and his team were very nice and professional. Their facility is also high tech and very nice. They really took care of me. Again this is my first ever hair transplant and we have to wait for result to see how the end result is satisfactory. But so far gone through this procedure, I know this Dr. and his team treated me professionally and so far so good. Dr. Turowski has told me that I can expect nice result, just be patient for a few months.