Been Dreaming of This Rhinoplasty Since 6th Grade !! - Chicago, IL

So ive been dreaming of this rhinoplasty procedure...

So ive been dreaming of this rhinoplasty procedure ever since 6th grade. I had my rhinoplasty/septoplasty with Dr.Shah today and all I can say is WOW. Unfortunately I have to wait to see the beautiful nose after I get the cast off next week but the nurses were wonderful, Dr. Shah was a bit late because he had another patient before me. He is a busy man and that's understandable! but he listens and is straight to the point. I knew I was in good hands, and wasn't scared at all! As for bruising, I have none and that's awesome. I'm a health nut, maybe that's why? And my nose doesn't even hurt yayy! I'll keep you all updated. All the staff was awesome and cleanliness was perfect. As for pictures, I'd love to post them cause I'm super duper ecstatic that my dreams finally came true but for some personal/family reasons I will not put any. But I promise you, if you consider dr. Shah, definitely go with him cause everything will go smooth! He even calls you a night before your surgery to make sure your doing well! He's a very skilled Doctor and you will be happy after the procedure. I'll try to post at least one pic of before/after but I will cover my face I'll only show you all the nose(:

Day 1 Post Op

So just to emphasize, I got a septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and turbinate reduction. Right now breathing is sooo difficult. Apparently it's normal to have this stuffiness due to swelling. I'm just hoping, God willing, that it decreases by a lot within the next couple days. I had to get a turnbinate reduction and septoplasty because I had a decent deviation that at most times really blocked my breathing from the right side 24/7 and sometimes my left side. As of now I feel more stufiness on the right side because that's where my sinuses were. Maybe that's why it's super swelled? My only hope right now is to breathe but I know that requires a lot of patience.

Day 2 Post Op

So I slept well last night better than the previous yay! HUGE TIP FOR YOU ALL: sleep with your head elevated and if you're not sleeping sit like that at all times cause it really reduces swelling and you'll start noticing that you can start getting some air through your nostrils. Again breathing is still difficult cause I'm only 2nd day post op but time heals. So patience is key. But again, you want to heal quick so keep your head elevated at all times to reduce swelling and improve breathing. Trust me. I feel so relieved now cause I can feel air coming through my nose and it's only my 2nd day. Yayy! Ok well here's a pic of my nose. Theres stil a lot of nasal blood and crusting so I kept the gauze on the bottom.

For all who want to see pics.

This is all I will provide. Dr. Shah did an amazing job and my confidence has improved significantly. Frontal view, although not provided, looks great as well. I have some irregular/assymetrical swelling that started a week ago and didn't go away (even a tad bit) currently. I contacted the office and explained my concerns. My nose still looks beautiful but maybe because I'm 5 months post I will begin seeing some swelling that only patience can resolve. My next appointment is at the end of May, if I see significant improvements with the swelling, I will definitely post a frontal view of my nose. Hope this helps!!!
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon