Disregards the Clear Wishes of His Patients - Chicago, IL

Dr Byun is a dishonest, untrustworthy physician. ...

Dr Byun is a dishonest, untrustworthy physician. I had a breast augmentation with him years ago that I am now having to have them redone by another surgeon. He is very good at seeming honest and up front, but disregards the clear wishes of his clients. I went in asking for a fairly minimal augmentation, looking to go from a small A to a full B cup size. What I ended up with are stiff, over filled, unnatural looking breasts that are almost a D. Having done consults with other surgeons to have my implants redone I had requested the medical file from Dr Byuns office to find out that Dr Byun had filled my 325 cc saline implants to 400cc, which is far more than both the FDA and the manufacture of the implants recommend. Overfilling the implants not only increases the risk of the implant rupturing, but also voids the manufacturers warranty if one were to rupture. Having gone back with concerns after the surgery, I would schedule an appointment to see Dr. Byun only to be told that he was not there and that I would be meeting with his Physicians Assistant. I was not even able to get an appointment with Dr. Byun when I came in to address the fact that one of the implants had dropped lower than the other and had not formed into a natural shape like the other. The only time I did manage to get an appointment with him after the surgery he disregarded my concerns about what was occurring with my own body, defended his decision to make the implants much larger that I had requested, and was arrogant enough to tell me that his office even continuing to address the issue was merely being done as a courtesy to me.

Dont be mislead by his supposed "feature" in Chicago Magazines "Best Physicians" issue, which is posted on his website, which upon close examination have "special advertisement" printed on it. The only person referring to Dr. Byun as one of the "Best in Chicago" or an "Architect of Beauty," is Dr. Byun. Someone who will be preforming a surgery on you should be honest and trustworthy, not an arrogant salesman.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon