34 Year Old BBL Hopeful. Chicago, IL

Hello I am a 34 year old female who is 5'10'' and...

Hello I am a 34 year old female who is 5'10'' and weighs 185 lbs. I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Shifrin in Chicago on March 13, 2015. I first contacted his office a month ago via RS and never heard back from the office. After calling the office (do not use the number supplied by Google as it is incorrect) and speaking with Adrian I was informed the RS consultation requests were not being received by the office. After the initial issues were resolved I was very pleased with my conversation with Adrian who was very friendly and informative. I will try to add a "hints" section in every post highlighting information I believe that can help others.

HINTS: Dr. Shifrin's office only does consultations on Fridays. An office consultation is free, however you must give them a credit card to secure the consultation appointment. If you do not attend the scheduled consultation your credit card will be charged $75. The office also does virtual appointments which cost $100 (which is applied towards the surgery price) and are done after office hours. You will need to email in pics for the virtual consultation. The office will not give you any price quotes over the phone and instead advises you to look at prices posted on RS (I have seen prices range from $7500-8500 on RS for BBL's). Surgeries are done on Mon/Tues every week. They suggest a one week minimum off of work postoperatively. Adrian also stated that Dr. Shifrin averages approx. 4 BBL's a week and it is one of his most frequent surgeries performed (sigh of relief, as practice makes perfect).

Anyhow I am excited to get the process started and will keep all my RS peeps current on my BBL journey ; )

1 Week From Consultation - Need Input From RS

Hello Ladies,

I am now one week out from my consultation with Dr. Shifrin and I have some questions that I'm hoping one of you can answer. I have gone through tons of pics and determined the figure/body shapes that appeal the most to me. I have tons of screen shots to show Dr. Shifrin, but should I print the pics out to bring them to my appointment? What questions should I ask the doctor at my appointment? I will post my current question list at the bottom of this post, along with some wish pics. Thanks for any and all input ; )

1. How many ml's do you believe you will be able to fit into each cheek?
2. Do you believe from reviewing my screen shots and seeing me today, you will be able to give
me the shape I am hoping for?
3. Do you believe I should lose/gain any weight for this surgery to assist in obtaining the end
result I am looking to achieve?
4. What will it cost to have the following areas liposuctioned for the procedure: armpits (side
boob), upper/lower back, stomach/flanks, and upper inner thighs (mention $500 RS discount)
5. How many BBL's do you perform per week?
6. Is there any prep that I should do to prep for the procedure?
7. I know some PS utilize drains post-op while others do not...will I have surgical drains post-op?
8. How many f/u appt's do you schedule typically and how long after the surgery date are they?
9. I live 4 hours away, will it be okay to stay overnight in Chicago on my surgery date and have a
friend (nurse) drive me home the next day? She will be staying with me for the 1st three post-op
days along with my mother and boyfriend checking in on me.
10. Any tips, tricks, pitfalls that you can give me for surgery prep, day of surgery, and recovery?
11. How many Faja compression garments do you provide (black preferably)?
12. Are any lymphatic massages provided with the surgery costs?

I think that basically covers everything, but if I did miss something please let me know RS peeps, thanks!

Wish Pics

Hopeful that Dr. Shifrin can work his magic on me. #FutureShifrinDoll

More Wish Pics

Consultation Day

Hello RS,

Today is consultation day, and I'm nervous. I know it's silly but I am. I am driving 4 hours alone and will be leaving very shortly. My questions and pics are printed. I will post and update later today. Fingers crossed this is the doc for me.

Step 1: Consultation....DONE

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I was exhausted by the time I got back to Ohio. Anyhow here is my feedback and tips for consultation day. First let me start on a positive note and tell you I think Dr. Shifrin and his staff (Adrian) are very personable, classy, and they just make you feel comfortable. I did print out my pictures and questions in advance so I would be prepared and not forget to ask anything. Dr. Shifrin reviewed the pictures and was able to quickly pic the one picture that was different than the others, this made me feel even more confident in his skills. I won't say I did this intentionally but when I was reviewing my pictures I questioned printing that same pic out as I didn't know if I loved her shape as much as the others. The consultation was divided into two parts the "introduction" in which we did just that and he did a quick spiel on what the surgery consisted of, his experience with this particular procedure, and asked me if I had any questions. I was glad I came with the questions because he was able to thoroughly answer each and every one of them. The second part, the "evaluation", both Dr. Shifrin and his MA (medical assistant) stepped out and I was asked to strip down to my panties and bra and I was supplied a robe. They came back shortly and he was honest with me on what he could/couldn't do for me, this is a quality I highly appreciate in a surgeon. I am a mother and unfortunately did not get blessed with the gene of a stomach that returned to it's previous state. So I have wrinkles (loose skin) on my belly, which you will see when I post my before pictures this week. He advised me while the surgery will help some with the wrinkles it will not tighten the skin back up and a tummy tuck would be needed for that. If my job would allow I would probably would have said lets do this, but unfortunately even getting a week off work is going to be a lot due to me to my position in the hospital where I work. Overall I feel very confident in Dr. Shifrin's abilities, he seemed very knowledgeable, honest, and confident. I will now give you some tips and will post a follow-up post with his answers to my questions.

TIPS:
- The only pitfall of my visit was the wait time to actually see Dr. Shifrin. It took me approx. four
and a half hours to get there and drive back home and I was in his office from 2:45 pm - 7:30. The
entire MD visit and speaking with Adrian afterwards on financials, insurance, and surgical
facilities took maybe took 30-40 minutes all together. So make sure you eat and bring something
to do during the wait as Friday's are his only consultation day and the office stays packed with
beautiful people.
- Definitely print off pictures that can show him exactly what you want. I suggest printing out two
copies because when I went he advised me that he would keep those pictures in my file and for
me to bring another copy of them with me on my surgical date. I will say he reviewed the pictures
and then basically told me his interpretation of what he thought I wanted and was dead on with
everything!
- When picking which bra and panty set you wear to the consultation. Pick a thong so he can see
your total butt and shape. Make it cute too because this surgeon is muy caliente, lol.

Consultation Day Q & A

Okay as promised here are my questions and his answers. I forgot to tell you on the last post. Dr. Shifrin's office is in a building with a parking garage. So when you get to Chicago go onto Lakeshore and as soon as you see Huron St. the parking garage on the corner is where you need to be. You actually park and then take the elevator up to the 14th floor, go down the hallway on the right, then his office is on the left #1425. They do charge for parking, my ticket cost $30.00 since I was there for almost 5 hours. But anyways here we go:

Q & A:
1. How many ml's do you believe you will be able to fit into each cheek?
ANSWER: 800 - 1000 ml per cheek

me the shape I am hoping for?
ANSWER: Yes, minus the wrinkles (loose skin) we discussed.

result I am looking to achieve?
ANSWER: No do not lose/gain any weight. I believe your current weight can achieve the look
your shooting for.

ANSWER: We agreed on the following areas to be liposuctioned: Abdomen (upper/lower),
flanks, full back (includes armpit area), and inner thighs. They gave me a quote of $9,000.
With my RS discount applied the total came down to $8,500. Which is typical of what I've seen
on RS. They do require a $500 non-refundable deposit to secure a surgical appointment date.
If you follow thru with the surgery date then that amount comes off of the total cost.

5. How many BBL's do you perform per week?
ANSWER: Adrian told me previously that Dr. Shifrin does approx. 4 BBL's a week. He advised
me that 50-60% of his procedures are BBL's.

6. Is there any prep that I should do to prep for the procedure?
ANSWER: They do a 3 week preop visit in which they review that material and take preop pics.

ANSWER: Dr. Shifrin does not utilize drains as he uses a Normal Saline solution that contains
Epinepherine and Lidocaine. These two medications assist with preventing bleeding by
constricting vessels (Epi) and pain (Lidocaine). He use the solution in as a 1:1 ratio, for every
liter of fat removed it is replaced with this NS solution. Thus he wants the body to naturally
expel this solution so the medications will be able to do what they are needed to do. He stated
that typically most drain copious amounts the 1st 72 hours.

ANSWER: Consultation day --> 3 week preop --> 1 week postop --> 2 weeks postop (supplied
compression garment) --> 6 weeks postop --> 3 months postop --> and 1 year postop

post-op days along with my mother and boyfriend checking in on me.
ANSWER: He was hesitant but eventually agreed but wanted to ensure if for any reason (which
he does not really have this issue) any complications would occur I would have a PS in my area
he could work closely with in managing my care. He also stated I could be emailing and calling
as often as I needed. He said he would also work with me on my follow-up appointment
scheduling.

ANSWER: I didn't ask this, I felt this would be more of a 3 week preop appointment question

11. How many Faja compression garments do you provide (black preferably)?
ANSWER: They do provide one compression garment

12. Are any lymphatic massages provided with the surgery costs?
ANSWER: No, and this wouldn't be applicable to me anyways as I live out of town

Here are some miscellaneous things he told me also:
- BBL surgery takes approx. 2 1/2 to 3 hours
- Typical BBL includes stomach, flanks, lower back
- River North surgical center surgery day is Monday (Suggested lodging is the Dana Hotel across
the street from surgical center)
- Mokena Surgery Center surgery day is Tuesday(This facility has a overnight facility which
provides a nurse, approx. $500 a night to stay at)
- They do offer insurance at an additional cost that you can purchase to cover you if you would
have any complications. I don't know prices as you have to call a insurance rep to get it but
Adrian said it was affordable. She also stated they have never had a patient file a claim.

Scheduling Surgery Date This Week

I've decided to book my surgery date with Dr. Shifrin. I plan on seeing what dates he has available for the end of April/beginning of May....ugghhh booking the surgery date makes everything real. I know for sure I want this surgery, but I would be lying if I didn't say the process isn't scary. I have never had surgery before. So perhaps its the fear of the unknown, possible complications, or not getting the results I'm hoping for. Anyways I'm going to keep my mind frame positive and focused on the end results. I will be posting some before pics for all of you. Have a great weekend RS peeps ; )

Checking In...

Hello All,

I called Adrian and got a couple available surgery dates so I could see what would work for my job and my nurse friend. They are already booked up to June : ( I actually got approval from my job and friend for June 8th and was going to sign up for the credit line and book with Dr. S's office, when I was notified by my family doc that a couple of my labs that I got drawn for my yearly insurance exam were abnormal. Needless to say I have to wait this out 2 more weeks as additional labs had to be drawn and sent out to the Mayo Clinic. Once I get cleared medically from my family doc I plan on scheduling with Dr. Shifrin asap. I am a little disappointed as I wanted to have my dream bod before the summer really hit. But everything happens for a reason. To be continued....

Still Waiting....

Well now my family doctor has referred me onto a Hematologist....which only equals more waiting. My appointment is May 7th and I will find out then if I'm cleared to schedule my BBL surgery. I will update you all then. I'm praying I can get a surgery date asap...so I can be summer body worthy at least part of the summer. If they do not have openings until July/August when I call (they were booked until June last month) I will probably book my surgery for September as Dr. Shifrin's quotes are only good for 6 months. That way I have all winter to work out and improve on the body he works his magic to create. Plus maybe in Sept. my job would let me have 2 weeks off instead of one, because all of the ladies I have been following have been saying recovery is a beast and one week won't suffice. Anyway this is all wishful thinking at this point as I still have to get medically cleared. Pray for me RS, I don't know what my destination will be but I'm down for this ride.

Scheduled my surgery date!

Hello RS....I'm back. Finally got my go ahead from my Hematologist that I could get my surgery scheduled. I called the same day and booked with Adrian (love her)! I am excited and nervous in one, but overall just want to get this done and over with. I will be booking my hotel and applying for Care Credit today. I asked Adrian if they had a list of supplies that I should purchase to assist me post-op and she said no. Does anyone have a good list? If so leave it below or inbox me please. Thanks RS dolls!

Tips: Care Credit does not charge interest for the 1st 18 months. So if you want to keep your money in your bank account a little longer and know you can pay the surgery fees off in that time period....it's def the route to go.

Deposit Paid, CHECK....Financing through Care Credit, CHECK...Upload New Before Pics, Check

Ok so the last time I posted I paid my deposit and got my surgery date scheduled for August 31st. In the meantime I applied and was approved for Care Credit for the total cost of my surgery. I will be posting some updated before pics as I have gained 15 pounds since the last time I posted. I want to take my before pics in the sundresses I plan on wearing post-op so you can get good comparison shots of before and after. I will be working hard to tone my arms and legs over the next two months. As a reminder I am getting lipo done to my full stomach and back, my armpit (side boob), and inner thighs. I still am wondering is anyone can give me some suggestions on what supplies to purchase...good looking out RS

BBL Supply List

So I am starting to prepare for my upcoming surgery by booking my hotel and buying my supplies. After surfing RS here is the list of supplies (I only listed supplies that I saw repeatedly on different lists):

BBL Supply List

- Multivitamins
- Pill Organizer
- Dream Body Olive Oil
- Flip flops/Crocs/ Comfy flats that are easy to slip on
- P Ez Travel Urinal
- Stage 2 compression garment (Dr. S provides your Stage 1 garment) and a waist trainer (remember when ordering your second post surgical garment don't just get any garment make sure you go down a size)
- You'll need 2-3 maxi dresses
- Compression Socks, 2 Pairs
- Chux (puppy pads)
- Baby Wipes (3)
- Colace or Senekot Stool Softners
- Cheap maxi pads to place under straps of Faja for padding so they don't dig into you
- Neosporin
- Gauze Pads
- Folding chair (cut out a hole in the bottom so your butt sticks out)
- Inflatable Cushion (Booty Buddy or Boppy Pillow)
- Antibacterial Soap (Hibaclens or Dial)
- Hand sanitizer
- Scar Fading Cream
- Thermometer
- Antiseptic Spray
- Lipo Foam and Board
- Pack of bottled waters for hotel room (you do not want to get dehydrated or constipated)
- Protien Shake Mix (great for energy, muscles, and supplementing for meals)
- Cheap postop undies (remember these may get bloody, so you will probably dispose of)
- Arnica gel and tablets (optional, I don't know much of this supplement other than it assists with inflammation...I just have seen this on several pages)
- Shower curtain to place on the bed to save sheets, especially useful when no drains are used

Hope this list helps you!!!

Update, less than 2 weeks away from my surgery date...

Ok RS dolls...the countdown is on. It feels unreal that the surgery is right around the corner. I have booked my hotel and I have purchased all of my supplies. I filled my prescriptions he sent me (pain pills, antibiotics, and a stool softener). I have also been taking a multivitamin and an iron pill daily to boost my red blood cell count because I'm anemic. It must be helping because I got my lab results back today and they were almost to the average mark (which is excellent for me). Adrian has been excellent to deal with and has been more than helpful with this journey. I paid for my surgery in full last week. And I am trying to prep my home, family, and friends that will be helping me out. My job gave me 10 days off and I'm praying that will be satisfactory enough for healing time. My boyfriend has been stressing the hell out of me, so I am anticipating he will probably bail prior to my surgery date. But I figure that will be his loss. So basically that is the 411 RS. I plan on posting a ton of before pics the night before surgery. I requested to be the 1st surgery of the day and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get it. Hit me with any questions you may have below and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability, xoxo.

Surgery Day

So currently I'm sitting in the back of the River North Surgery Center. Nervous as hell, lets just say excitement has not kicked in yet. I'm asking all my RS babes say a quick prayer for a smooth and productive surgery for me. I will update you all later, if I'm up to it.

Official Shifrin Doll

I will start off by saying you are truely in great hands with Dr. S and his staff. So I stayed at the Dana Hotel which is literally across the street from the River North surgical center. The surgery I literally walked back across street to the hotel afterwards. Worried about the surgery don't they take you back in the surgery room and give you anesthesia and you don't remember a thing . Let me address the pain since I've heard everybody talk about it . The first day, the pain felt as if i worked out for 2 weeks doing weight training. With the pain meds it's totally doable. You will need someone to assist you in/out of bed. That is what hurts the most...but is has to be done to assist with healing and clots. Dr. S approved the use of Arnicare gel. This is a must do as it helps greatly with pain, swelling, and bruising. I can't talk much about my body as I am severely bruised & swollen. My boyfriend gave Dr. S's work 2 thumbs up. I do like the outline...I am looking forward to one month out. I will post pics in a second. Ask whatever questions you may have and I will try to answer them. If I already stated the answer in my post, read carefully, I'm not reposting anything.

Before & After Pics...Day 4