Bye Bye Extra Skin After Massive Weight Loss - Chicago, IL

After losing close to 200 pounds I suffered from...

After losing close to 200 pounds I suffered from loose skin. I lived in shape wear and really didn't enjoy looking at myself naked. After losing all of that weight I wanted to feel comfortable in my skin! I really enjoy fitness and my stomach would cause me problems during workouts. I felt I worked so hard but I couldn't see all my hard work with all the extra skin. Having a body lift has changed my life and I am only 6 days post op! I no longer have my stomach hanging in my lap when I sit down! I can't wait until I can exercise so I can wear just a sport bra and shorts!! Yes I am in pain but I don't even care because I know the results are going to be amazing!! Absolutely no regrets!

Week 1 Update

It has been an entire week since I have had my body lift. There was definitely pain but its not as bad as I thought it would be. I was finally able to sleep in the bed 6 days post op. For the first 2 days a walker was so helpful! I now can walk alone but I move really slow. I don't have much pain so I switched to taking Tylenol extra strength. I am just really stiff and swollen. I feel like I am going to pop!! I lost 11 pounds of skin during my surgery. My waist is now 35 inches. As my swelling goes down I know my results will be awesome!!! The best part....My belly hang is gone!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't lie the first 3 days is hell but after that its so doable! Until next week...

Week 2 Update

2 weeks post op update: My current weight is 166 pounds and the biggest part of my waist is 33 1/2 inches. Smallest part of my waist is 31 1/2 inches. I can get dressed by myself. I am able to stand up straighter than last week. I am about 85% up. I had major swelling when my period started! So much so it was painful! You better be one tough cookie if you have this surgery! I'm finding I have strength I never thought I had. With the combo of period and surgery, I have been doing a lot of sleeping. I try to get up and move often to prevent blood clots. In the last few days my swelling has went down a lot mostly in my thighs ankles and feet. Can I say major thigh gap? Lol. What really helped was cutting out all the pineapple juice and high sugar fruits. Keeping my fruit intake low is helping ALOT with my swelling. 150 carbs per day is my limit. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and hopefully I can get rid of these drains! I'm so ready to play dress up. I will insert a few before and after pictures of my weight loss.

Week 3 Update

3 weeks post op update: my current weight is 167 pounds. The smallest part of my waist is 29 1/2 inches and the biggest is 32 1/2inches. WOW!! Speechless at how many inches I'm losing off my waist! I started to take arnicare for swelling. I am draining A LOT! I did research and found massive weight loss or Lipo may cause more drainage. I will speak with my surgeon about it tomorrow just to clear my worries. I am able to start straight. I am dying to workout!!! Recovery is boring and it's killing me! On the bright side I can't wait to go jogging and not have to worry about my belly jiggling. I love how straight my surgeon cut me. Also me in clothes...my shape has definitely changed! Its too weird looking at myself. It's going to take a while to get use to the new me. In my heart I will always be a plus size girl.

Week 6 Update

I am still dealing with swelling especially at night and post workouts. I am currently 165 pounds. My smallest part of my waist is 28 inches and the biggest part is 30 inches. I am currently using scarfade to fade my scar. I have been cleared to get back into my normal workout routine. I still feel really tight so I have been modifying my workouts. I am loving my results and I know it will only get better over time. I have really been enjoying shopping now that the skin has been removed from my stomach. Its past time for me to get a new wardrobe! Here are a few pictures from the few weeks I didn't update.

Week 10 Update

During week 7 and 8 I was dealing with a lot of swelling. Things are MUCH better now. My swelling is now manageable. I only get swollen at night and after my workouts. My waist is shrinking so much! My surgeon did a wonderful job. I truly feel he was the perfect surgeon for me. I can't wait to see the final results! Here are some update pictures.

6 month update

It has been a little over six months since I have embarked on my excess skin removal surgery. Oh boy what a journey this has been! I have definitely had my ups and downs. Recovery has been tough, but the pain is just temporary and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Having these surgeries has changed my life in so many positive ways that I don't know where to begin to start. I'm so blessed to be working with one of the best plastic surgeons and he is definitely transforming my body into something fabulous!

Checking in

Just wanted to check in and show my progress thus far. My transformation is nearly complete. I have my breast and arms left. My surgeon and I will be on The Doctors TV Show January 5th so make sure you tune in.

Quick Update

Hello everyone! I am coming in to show some progress pictures. I can't stress enough how great and gifted my plastic surgeon is! I highly recommend him for extreme weight loss patients.
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

I weighed over 340 pounds 4 years ago. I finally said "enough is enough" and decided to do something about it. Through diet and exercise, I was able to lose 180 in 18 months. I have been maintaining my weight loss for over 2 years! Although I did a wonderful job with my weight loss, I now suffer from loose skin. I decided to finish off my journey with skin removal surgery. I went on a few consultations in my area and although some seemed very nice I just wasn't sold. Just when I was about to give up I got a call from Dr. Shifrin's assistant to schedule an appointment. She was so nice and welcoming! I was actually excited to have a consultation with him. When I went into the office all the staff members were extremely nice and made me feel important. Then meeting my PS blew me away even more. He was personable, nice and extremely down to earth. I instantly said "yes to the plastic surgery"! During my Preop I was really scared about my upcoming surgery. I mean I was in extreme panic mode. Dr Shifrin and a staff member took out extra time to talk to me and calm me down. I recently had a body lift done and had 11 pounds of skin removed! When I have questions Dr. Shifrin or his staff responds right away! Best decision I've ever made is picking him to finish off my weight loss. I can't wait to share with you all my results! stay tuned....