51 Year Old, Monthly Laser Genesis Treatments for 10 Years - Couldn't Be Happier with Results - Chicago, IL

I've been getting laser genesis treatments almost...

I've been getting laser genesis treatments almost monthly for years and have never had a bad experience or adverse results. I definitely contribute my skin texture, reduced pour size and lack of wrinkles to these treatments. I had acne as a teen that lasted into my mid 20's. I have always had oily skin and still get white heads and the occasional blemish, at 51 I thought I'd be done with that. I get an extracting facial and microdermabrasion every other month to remove white heads and for overall skin maintenance. The acne left scars and enlarged pores that, like everyone else, caused a lack of self esteem and self confidence. I was also very into tanning, from the sun or artificially. I started doing laser genesis treatments about 10 years ago. I really liked the results - smoother skin, improved texture, smaller pores and an overall skin tightening effect....all these results were very subtle but still noticeable and commented on my others. Because of that I started doing the treatments monthly with the occasion break, usually during the summer since the sun can diminish the results (yes, i do wear sunscreen and have stopped tanning.) Last Fall I took a break to try dermapen treatments. I did 6 treatments and I did not like the results, it left my skin lumpy and my acne scars which were extremely diminished from the genesis now looked more pronounced. I know others love the dermapen results but I wish I had never done it. Regarding the cost of Laser Genesis, I typically purchase package deals from groupon, livingsocial or lifebooker so my average price per treatment is about $100. Having had it done by several different technicians I can definitely say some are far more experienced than other. And to get as much out of the treatment as possible, I suggest that right before the tech starts the treatment ask if they will also do your neck, most will without charging you extra and its a nice plus because it helps prevent sagging under your chin. Also, a side effect of many treatments is it has a similar effect as laser hair removal, it has really reduced the amount of hair on my face which i don't mind but i have noticed that my eyebrows are not as full as they have been, I now ask the technician to avoid the brow area or cover my brows. I can't say enough about how happy I am with the results. DVida Spa in Chicago is where I had my last 3 treatments are they are great. These photos were all taken this year, I turned 51 in January.
DVida Spa