48 Years Young, Tummy Tuck and Lipo. Chicago, IL

I would like to tighten my abdomen and flank. I...

I would like to tighten my abdomen and flank. I waffle back and forth on whether I should do the bbl, too. We shall see. I have researched a few ps and, decided on this one due to his confidence and taking to others doing the procedure with him during the same timeframe. Dr. Shifrin also had numerous pictures available for viewing.

2 Days before Surgery

Well, I am now 2 days before surgery. I am a bit nervous but, very excited. I looked at this big tummy and started singing "let it go, let it go". I have done my research. I am extremely confident and the surgeon. My niece just called to say that she would stay with me at the hotel after surgery. I will post pictures but, I must crop first. These pictures are so blackmail worthy. LOL. Wishing all scheduled for surgery the best.

Surgery Done

Well, I had my surgery. I was extremely stressed due to others telling me horror stories. I am happy to report that my surgery went well. I had to be at the surgical center at 6 am. I was actually calm. My hubby took the girls with him to drop me off. I went in alone. I prayed non stop. I was called back at about 6 30. I had to take a urine test. I was a little concerned because I'm prediabetic. And, was concerned levels would be high. Well, tests were all normal and acceptable. Dr. Shifrin, Mr. Cool, comes in and reassures me that everything will be just fine and that I will love my results. Then it was time for the iv. I am a hard stick. I have dark skin and usually can't find vein. Not this time. He found it right away. I told them how afraid I was. He said, we are very good at what we do. There would be 3 anesthesiologist with me at all time. Very reassuring. He also gave me a block. Which consists of 5 shots in my abs. This would block all pain for about 15 hours. He also said listen, know that this is major surgery expect some pain. Well, I remember asking if I could marry him. Lol. Next thing I was waking up. They all thanked me for positive energy. Then, they gave me paperwork, had my niece get me, I stayed at a hotel across the street called The Dana, very nice and, my room was wheel chair accessible. I have slept for nearly the entire day. I have no pain. My only issue was when I stood, my back started to hurt. I'll post a few pictures.

Day 2 -5

DAY 2-5 I stayed at the hotel for 2 days after surgery. I would have been sufficient. I was still pain free. I mean, truly pain free. I stopped taking pain meds on the second because my lips were swollen. Afraid I was having a reaction but, it turns out, I was probably allergic to down pillows. My drains are filling up at about 40 cc and 20 cc daily. So, not too much. My greatest issue us that I have absolutely no ab support. I need held sitting up. But, I'm able to stand without assistance. I am hunched over though. For the first few days, I just slept. Oh, tmi, but I pooped on day 2, without a problem. I didn't have ab pain at all. Whoot Whoot.

Day 7 Drain Removal

Went for follow up. Dr. Shifrin said everything went well. Though I hadn't has pain, pulling the drain out was terrifying. There s was pain for a second but scared to death. Lol. Tummy looks really good. My hips look swollen more than usual.

Day 11

Well I went back to work. It was not bad. However, I swelled up like the Michelin tire man. Lol. I walk very stiffly. I had to walk 3 blocks. It felt like 2 miles. I was not used to sitting up for so many hours. I worked from 8-1. Other than being tired, I felt great.

Day 13

Well I accidentally pulled that Dang drain. My cooch felt like it was burning. Every time I move, I feel tenderness Aust drain site. Ugh. I am swelling more often.

Day 15

I had another follow up. I had the last drain removed. I had my belly button tape removed. Again, extreme fear of the drain removal being painful. It was painful buy again, for only a second

5 weeks later....

I am now 5 weeks. I am still very happy with results. I swell quite a bit in upper abs. But no-one notices but me. Still. Huge difference.

Before and After pictures

Finally posting pictures. Have a lot more but, I'd like to crop.out face. Lol
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Shifrin has been a gem. He is very confident in his ability. Now, he did an amazing job. I have only peeped under my bandages but looks amazing.