32 Y/o Mum of 2 - Time for Boobs! - Cheltenham, GB

I wasn't sure about posting on here but as I'd...

I wasn't sure about posting on here but as I'd struggled to find many examples of women who'd had such small breasts and chosen small implants when I was doing my research, I thought it might help others like me. So here we go!

I decided I wanted a breast enlargement when I was about 18 and was incredibly low in confidence due to my "ironing board" flat chest. Though knowing that one day I wanted to be a mum and hopefully breast feed my children, I waited and didn't really give it much more thought. Fast forward 12 years and I had my first child, my milk came in and I finally experienced for the first time what it felt like to have breasts! Small ones - breastfeeding took my 36AA to a 36B - but finally I experienced having a more womanly shape! I knew then that I 100% wanted an enlargement once I'd had my second and final child.

On 18 October 2016 I had my first consultation with James McDiarmid at the McDiarmid-Hall Clinic in Cheltenham. I'd been looking for a plastic surgeon who would operate at the local Nuffield hospital and my GP had recommended this consultant. A bit of googling suggested he had many satisfied clients so I went ahead and booked an appointment. The consultation went well, I explained that I wanted a very natural look and something that was in proportion and still quite petite. This surgery was for my benefit - to make me feel more womanly and give my self-esteem a little boost so I didn't want massive boobs! I stated that I only really wanted to be a B cup. Mr McDiarmid understood and recommended either a 250cc or 300cc moderate height, moderate profile anatomical implants. I was happy with this and booked my surgery straight away for November. I couldn't quite believe I was going to go through with it!

November 28th rolled around so quickly and before I knew it I was in hospital nervously awaiting my operation! I saw Mr McDiarmid before going into theatre where we discussed what I wanted again. I explained I was slightly nervous about the 300ccs being too big and that looking natural was my priority. He said 250s might be best to achieve a B cup but he would try both in theatre and go with what fits best.

Post op, I came to in bed, looked down and immediately thought "oh no they seem so small!". I could tell immediately he'd gone for the 250cc implants. However once I was able to stand and look in the mirror I was absolutely thrilled. Mr McDiarmid had delivered exactly what I had asked for and they were perfect for me - he couldn't have done a better job at giving me what I'd asked for! I was surprised at how natural they looked so soon and the size was just right.

Over the next 24 hours the swelling hit and they are now, 72 hours later, still very swollen and a bit sore. They look much larger now so I am hoping for the swelling to subside and the size to return to the post-op size in time.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of pain, having feared the worst. I have been very mobile, can raise my arms and am getting by on just paracetamol and codeine. It feels like I've overdone it at the gym or my milk has just come in again! The discomfort is more from the swelling.

Still really happy and so glad I've done this. Very early days but I'm already feel so much better about myself as a result of this surgery. Looking forward to getting through the next few weeks and back to normal!

I've posted some pics - pre-op, immediately post-op and 3 days post-op. I will try and update as time goes on. I hope someone find this useful for their own research!
Great Britain Plastic Surgeon

Excellent, very professional, clearly very experienced and great at listening to what you want. Not pushy at all and did a wonderful job!